1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Removed some stuff, that generates unnecessary noise!
    Accurate.

Likewise you should tone down your snarky manner of banging on always the exact same topics. It will not get stuff done more quickly and it's not helpful for anything related to the game.

Enjoy the weekend guys!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You made me jump there for a second, Crimson! I thought you quoted my runaway hungry cow theory as being "accurate" :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, surely you could have quoted posts there from at least 2 other people, who reply to my apparently snarky comment in a likewise snarky reply, one even had the word snarky in his post, i genuinly thought a forum was to vent opinions,discuss them etc,etc.

I guess any post related to a dev update,or game update are not welcome on this forum, since thats too repetitive, thats good to know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

They're not forbidden at all. Just don't bang on it every day.

The posts regarding Dev Update haven't even been removed...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

I think my last post about it was several days ago, and considering Renato mentioned he needed to do a proofread and a little bit of work, which shouldnt take long according to him, we are almost a week later, which i dont think is strange to have people mention it or ask about it, if memory serves me well he apologized for the delay/lack of communication around the last update, again, i did not read back his post just now, so could be he used other wordings, but to me the irony is the apology for a lack of communication, then there is no communication for about a week ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yes, on Thursday:
    Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

And before that, on Tuesday:
    Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Adding today that makes three spererate snarky comments within 6 days about the dev log delay and the proofreading. Are you beginning to see why people get tired of your behaviour?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

You call that snarky? I tried to put a sense of humour in there, i cant help it when people interpretate it differently, but then again, thats the problem with written text.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am not sure if the dev update is delayed due to Reiza putting the welfare of their team members caught in a war zone ahead of a communique, or if it would be better to confirm some licensing issues prior to release, or if other business issues have accumulated that need to be dealt with, you know, so Reiza actually exists in the future, or if Renato himself has some personal commitments mixed into the situation. What I do know is that any single one of these is plenty of justification to miss a deadline on a communique--that is ultimately pretty meaningless as it does not prevent us from playing the game now, nor will it guarantee any future state of the game after it is released. It's a communique, not a legal contract. Most likely several of these are in play all at the same time.

Yes, Reiza sometimes shoots themselves in the foot by over-promising some things. They also have a years-long established history of over-delivering with additional free content added to DLC's, more free content added to the base game than initially promised, more features added to the game than initially promised, more sophisticated and accurate simulation than even the owners of the sim engine being utilized managed themselves, etc., that goes back to the original AMS.

If you are someone who cares more about communiques than real substance, you are welcome to whinge here about it--all @CrimsonEminence has asked of us is to not do it repeatedly or with such a sense of entitlement that it ruins the environment here for all the rest of the people who care more about substance. Is that really so difficult?

And it isn't about "one side" or "opinion" being favoured. It's just common courtesy to not waste everyone else's time and energy with repeated whinging about something so ridiculous.

If @CrimsonEminence made up a thread "Who wishes the dev updates would come at precisely midnight on the first day of the month?", I think it's safe to assume two things would result:
    1. 100% of participants here (including me) would say, "yes, please," even knowing it is an unreasonable expectation--even for a giant mega-corporation.
    2. A small sub-set of people here would start banging on endlessly about how unfair it is that their time zone is not the one being utilized for the deadline.
    It's the "#2" type of scenarios that recur here and cause friction. Let's just drop those and get back to focusing on improving AMS 2. It is wonderful, but as acknowledged, has areas for improvement that will get improved faster and better with detailed and sophisticated feedback from the small proportion of more knowledgeable customers who hang-out here in the forum.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Like x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, the 3 times DEV update questions consumed only a fraction of the text in this forum than the plea-like reprimands here... :D;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of cow's, I wonder how Cheese production may be affected going forward . . .

:eek::D

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True. He is now entitled to at least 5 more snarky posts. Too bad Im gonna miss them all with him being on my ignore list. Ohh the bliss

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. CrimsonEminence

Update by the Lead dev

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

14. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

irony of the ironies as that is exactly what people are becoming with "just a proofread, very soon, before the update, before the weekend, coming soon" etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CrimsonEminence

16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The first one? Not by itself. The first time it was funny to me, even over written text. I had the same thought actually.

Repeating the same "joke" twice more over the following days made it lose the humor and now it sounds snarky and demanding since it obviously bothers you enough to comment on it again and again. Going "Oh, it was but a jest" doesn't work anymore at that point. The reaction by others could have been a clue to stop. And yes, your comments bothered me enough to comment on them myself now.

But since we now have an update from Renato on the situation we can hopefully give it a rest and resume the overarching cheese discussion.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Eww...I don't eat cheese.