1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

As we'd say in Rocket League, "Calculated."

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which is extremely odd considering Reiza and Straight4 have a technical partnership? I wouldn't be ****ting on your teammate M8

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Must have went to the Max Verstappen school of being a teammate (please don't start a flame war over this joke)

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Quite ironic as well that he was a QA tester I believe in Project Cars 3 and some other pretty bad games. I mean if he did have those issues then it's fair criticism, it's just his attitude is that of a know it all-I am better than you type of assh@le. Lets se if he is as critical and harsh of GTR Revival as he is of every other game.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Exactly that! Not got an issue with his criticism that's fair enough - although even Iracing has its moments of sending cars to the proverbial moon. It's his condescending f'ing attitude that gives me the right ar$ehole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Austin has brought up valid points in the past, but I had to stop watching him months ago just because of how incessantly pessimistic he comes across. I will 100% admit the oval CART cars are broken and need work, and both Austin and EmptyBox bring up issues that need fixed. That said, you can't judge AMS2 overall off of the oval content alone. I specifically get annoyed when he takes shots at other content creators who have been enjoying the same content. GP Laps has been critical of how the oval cars drive as well, but at least he talks about the good and bad of AMS2. Austin seems like he's only interested in a sim if he can complain about it.

I will say, pitstop bug NEEDS FIXED. It's ruined plenty of league races in the discord groups I frequent, sometimes during the last race of a championship where those all important points matter. Some of the other bugs aren't game breaking, yes they're annoying, but not a massive priority.

In some of the GFC Oval events, we've had some great battles taking the Super V8's and Opalas around the different ovals. There's fun to be had, even having FCY spice up races a few times for a 3-4 lap dash.

Oval content needs work, but I'm totally expecting the rest of the simracing world to spin this into "AMS2 has slidy cars, AMS2 bad..."

Edit: after some reflection, it is fair criticism. Recently we did a massive league event and noticed issues with AMS2 becoming buggy or having serious lobby stability problems as the player numbers got into the 28-30+ range. The core experience needs some ironing out outside of the physics. The oval cars "dirt car" characteristics are a bit of an easy target, but MP features need updating.

My issues with his content have nothing to do with his specific criticism of AMS2. I agree with many of his criticisms of iRacing, but most if not all of his content is complaining or moaning about other people. I followed a lot of his content on the MSG situation, but unsubbed about 6 months ago because of how utterly annoying his complaining got to be.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This guy sounds like a right prick

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This, the whole "people can't handle critism" is such a massive false narrative meant to ironically deflect critism. People act like criticizing something means you're immune from critism, or that someone saying something that is correct means they are immune from critism.

If your response to critism is "I'm allowed to say it" then that says a lot about how you feel about critism. It tells me that he doesnt see it as a way to try to make things better, but as a way to attack things you don't like.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. DavidGossett

True, I've recently had issues with iRacing netcode and it randomly deciding to flip the RX cars. I still race there because it's the only place I can find a full RX lobby, even if it occasionally decides my race is done by turn 4.

Le_What_4.gif

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The bug he talks about starting around 8:10 (on resuming the race, game forcing you to an AI view without ability to go back to your cockpit view), I have already reported it with instructions to 100% reproduce it.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Was the grass thing ever fixed?

14. DavidGossett

I've heard it's been fixed, but I haven't done enough "normal" road races to see yet. iRX has another issue where curbs have insanely more grip than gravel/dirt. The fastest way around Phoenix is to dip half of the car off of the track and hit every curb in sight. It's worth 0.7-1.0 per lap or more.

Andreas Bakkerud even mentioned this during one of his streams. One of my quali laps yesterday would've put me p2 with the actual pro guys.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, they solved the grass problem by making the track and grass temperature the same.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Sound tone is very similar

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

He's always super critical and I'm all for it. Some people here are way too defensive of reiza. If this was in RF2 or iracing they'd be jumping all over it.

Developers need things like this highlighted so they can learn from it. Austin is 100% right when he says that full length oval races are broken. And the bugs in AMS2 are extensive. With that being said things on the whole are improving tremendously with each update, I'd just like to see an update focused on the kind of bugs Austin highlights.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's fair, as it empty boxes video

• Like Like x 2
  19. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm just baffled as to why Reiza released the oval stuff in that condition in the first place and I recall saying back in June/July before it was released that it would get blasted if it felt lackluster. After trying the F USA on ovals I can't see any way anyone could drive those (with any setup) and think they feel even in the realm of believable. The amount of AMS2 users that were jones-ing for ovals was minimal and I think that is the only reason more people aren't ripping in to it because it is awful. If the oval content had come out with a polished offline experience, I think some people may have taken notice because that experience doesn't exist in any sim right now. What we got felt more like someone just got to check off a box to say the game had oval content.

On the bright side though, I get the sense Reiza are still learning the engine because some of the newest cars have eliminated a lot of wonky behaviour so hopefully this will flow through to the oval content. The bugs that plague this game need to start to go away though or that will still be a deal breaker for many. In oval racing, you simply cannot be experiencing pitstop bugs or the feasibility of ovals just goes out the window. I don't consider Empty Box a hater, and if anything he would be closer to fanboy if you feel the need to label him as he was the first to defend this game even when it "didn't" have lift off oversteer issues or differential problems or any of the other problems the game "didn't" have before they got fixed. He was also a fan of AMS1.

The game has progressed quite a bit in some areas and hopefully this year the game can begin to progress in areas that feel neglected. This next update is a really solid step forward so for me, I have some content I will enjoy and some that I am just going to avoid.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is no different to in rF2 where the discord members worship it and bag out anything that isn't rF2. It is the same everywhere. Defend our favourite and bag all the others, or so it seems

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1