1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I believe the ones they're talking about may be the Nissans and the Vantage GT3 that were put in the devlog a few months ago (also the Lamborghini models that are in the livery override folders, allegedly of course)
    Would be nice to see some surprise returns though

• Like Like x 2
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know the the Aston and Nissan are most likely the cars in question... but I can dream. The T.M.E. was my favorite car in game, I spent so much time on the DirtFish tracks with this thing.

Screenshot_20220712-155536_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220712-155618_Chrome.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The Polo RX also makes a cameo in the overrides folder :whistle: upload_2022-7-12_21-13-19.png

(yes, i know this folder obviously doesn't immediately show what content is coming. but at the same time the fact that a very specific amount of PC2 content is there and the fact that most of that content that was in this folder from the start (such as the BMW 2002, Nissans and the Aston) has either already been released or is planned to be released makes this folder a fairly reasonable estimate for planned returning content in my constantly-speculating mind :p)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

j6uK36y32LxQs.gif

Buskerud RX confirmed... :whistle:

Most likely not happening, but it could, but probably not, but still a good idea. Just saying, plz don't sue me Volkswagen.

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

VW Polo on Ounjapounja & Semetin in Madness Engine.. Give me that

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We are using FSR in AMS2 for month. Not sure if u missed something? - > FSR for OpenVR

7. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, man. The region of Buskerud had a wonderful rallycross track "Lyngås" from 1972 to 2013, that hosted many European Rallycross rounds. The layout was easy to learn, yet hard to master, and flowed really well, even the joker felt fun to drive. Definitely in my top 5 rallycross circuits of all time. But it's lost forever, as it has now been bulldozed. :(

• Like Like x 3
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Roar McRipHelmet Residential buildings? Would be cool to live there: 'I am now sleeping here where people used to race. How awesome!'

That's how I feel when I travel outside my province Flevoland to the rest of the Netherlands.. I can feel the history in my soul there. It's so strange and weird to walk somewhere where thousands/millions of people, animals, nature etc been there before the years and years before.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That car on a snowy Nurburgring (with snow, not ice tires) is still one of the reasons PC2 stays installed on my PC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Now I would vote to have that recreated in the game and preserved for future generations (at least digitally)!

11. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I believe that, after some time, it would be more like "I can't sleep because people there don't stop doing race" lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just started racing again in AMS2 for a while and jumped into the Formula retro gen 3 at Buenos Ares version 6 and the Group A DTM Merc at Cordoba. wow - what an experience with H pattern shifter and 320 round wheel. Cars feel great, new tyre grip is brilliant with a wonderful road grain feeling and so much more predictable (except for the AI). Gimmee so more of that.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Gd, gen 3 Mp4 is a blast and ran it at Brands online yesterday with @mad maxx, I would recommend it at Bueno track 12 were its high speed can be appreciated more so than Brands. T2 and T3 esp are nuts when I can get them right!
    Steam frnd me and maybe join RNG group and we can rerun that Interlagos race and try the new tracks .
    With the sim in its ever improving state I hope get round to some group events and invitation races/ test races

• Like Like x 2
  14. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Man, the Retro G3 - 1983 F1 - is probably the most improved car in the game since the updates. It was a bag of bolts when they first released it, it drove like a Formula Ford with 900hp in the back. Now, it is a joy to drive. The grip that was missing before is back and all 3 of them now feel like the actual premium racing cars on the planet circa 1983, as they should.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The best thing is you can do the whole 1983 season minus 2 tracks (and a few modern replacements)

• Like Like x 1
  16. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

i personally hope that the old aston gt3 gets scrapped, its not attractive to have all these old GT3s in the game. thats just a simple fact. a 10 year old car just doesnt fit.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

But the car (yes, the 2009 model) still in use in Império Endurance Brasil (alongside with the GT4 and P1-4 cars - or P1 to P3, can't say exactly about the P4).

People still don't get that the GT3 cars in AMS2 are not the Blancpain GT3 portrayed in ACC, but a Brazilian GT3 category, that runs old versions of these cars.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    2021 picture

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why not? In GTE this car ran until 2017. Its not a bad car. There are actually quite a few other cars in AMS2 that are not current. Nothing wrong with having nice cars from the past, especially an Aston. You can always elect not to drive it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Much better the old V12 model than the new V8 turbo model...

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree--the F-Retro Gen 3 is a fantastic series in AMS2, and we already have most of the tracks from that season in AMS2. I've been going back and watching BBC Grand Prix for '83 on youtube... in that season, at least, the turbos and Cosworths were much more evenly matched than they would be in subsequent seasons, although the turbos gained the upper hand as the season progressed. Anyone here won at Long Beach from 22nd on the grid like John Watson did in his McLaren that season?

• Like Like x 1