1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bađi

Bađi Member

Formula Ultimate Gen 2 in pitch black of course. Is there anything else a man could ask for? :oops:

• Funny Funny x 11
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And I didn’t know the Alpine raced in Daytona

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Whilst checking flat spots

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

New tyres on gt3 gen 2. This is my baseline for the game

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bađi

Bađi Member

I wholeheartedly hope for at least one prancing horse (and no I don't mean Porsche). They are such a successful entity in the realm of motorsport that the grid without it just feels off. I don't know, I might just be fanboy-ing too much.

BTW I've seen on YouTube that it's possible to mod/port some of these from other games, mostly PC2. I want to know what is Reiza's stance on this? I know they support modding but would this be okay? I know that even if I did do it absolutely noone would know but I've come to respect Reiza as a team a lot and wouldn't want to do anything agains their will, because the cars are more or less rips from another game that just happens to be using the same engine.

6. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Probably some Formula Hitech or Classic at Imola and Monza

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Bađi

Bađi Member

Now that you mention Formula Hitech. Is it just me or do they feel completely different from Formula Classic gen.4 even tho they are pretty much the same era of cars?

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

OK, I think I can read that one backwards to understand it

9. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

I dont see any issue to use such mods and cant quite understand your problem (or is it one?) with it. Most Mods are good some even great, but dont reach reiza-quality by a mile, which goes without sayin I guess

10. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a VERY satisfying lap in [A CAR] at nords yesterday, proper proper good, that screenshot i mentioned a few pages backwas taken from that lap. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

If it hasn't been fixed in v1.6, I'll ask Reiza when they plan on having the AI cars use medium and hard tyres. Up till now they only use the soft tyres.

12. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

What did you understandd, did something went over my head? :confused:

13. Bađi

Bađi Member

No the dilema I have is if Reiza allows the use of such mods given the issues that arize from it in terms of licensing, sort of a gray area. I guess the argument doesn't make whole lot of sense but I just don't want wrong Reiza by doing this.

14. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

The content is not made by Reiza so there rly is no dilemma, no gray area no nothing. If there was, you would have to ban Mods altogether ;)

15. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

A video in which thumbnail is not a streamer with a shocked face is always a winner to me.
    He says that menu of the beta is hinting to some future feature that will make single players very happy

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

My comments about FFB were not specific to 1.6, though certainly getting your FFB set-up well will allow you to enjoy the improvements in 1.6 and best compare them to 1.5.

I have no issue with people using custom FFB files. They allow for a degree of tweaking that the Default profiles do not and some people may prefer the feel of them over the Default. All I have ever said, consistently for years, is that I think you should take the time to set-up the Default+ properly, which includes neutralizing wheel settings, before immediately jumping to a custom file. If after doing that, you still prefer the custom file or need the tweaking options, then more power to you--as long as you are having fun then there is no harm done to anyone.

The only harm is when people suggest the Default+ FFB is flawed when they have never actually experienced it properly due to distortion/biases in their wheel settings or not methodically setting the sliders in the game.

The in-built FFB profile is VERY dynamic, like a real race car without power steering. It is also communicating more about what the car is doing than just steering rack forces, so, it doesn't replicate exactly what a steering wheel would do in said car. I have tried many custom FFB files and none of them retain the dynamics of the original--they have all been dull and filtered by comparison. But if that's the feel you prefer, or if there is one out there that doesn't feel like that, no one should be concerned if others are using it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Custom ffb reminds me when we had sound systems at home and there was always some friend who tweaked the equalizer to make it "better". Then you had to thank him for the effort or he would feel hurt.
    I personally have enough complications with the game driving decently and then learning to create a setup for the car/track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is a whole thread on this board, owned by Reiza, about mods for AMS 2. Only one rule--you cannot directly hyperlink to mod files.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. BobbyB

BobbyB Member

Wasn't LMP3 confirmed a bit ago?

20. Bađi

Bađi Member

As someone who just recently got a DD base it was a nightmare setting everything up just the way I like it. I found the Moza pithouse settings really confusing and it was hard for me to understand what each setting does. Also the default and default+ kinda just felt lacking in terms of wheel stiffness mid corner. Because the lock on the wheel mid corner is now harder to hold, the sudden loss of power when the car is oversteering is more pronounced, hence easier to detect and react. Also as someone with background in software engineering it's easier for me to read a well documented custom ffb file rather then trial and error the default for 3 hours until I find the sweetspot that I like.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.