1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Manohy

Manohy Member

My bad yes BMW

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

double seems

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Raised in beta a while ago and hope it can be improved

It will flicker as though it due to engine vibration whilst sat it pit garage, but is not realistic and flashes not unlike a lamp esp at night with car behind

Edit from beta test reference the mirror

In the BMW GTE
    At night races the side mirror flashes like it has a lamp in its bezel, distracting a little.
    when cars are only behind you.
    The real mirror bezel has a matt metallic finish rather than a full chrome/mirror finish.
    Not a problem just an odd thing, flashing away.
    Thought it was a proximity sensor or some such thing for a while. getting redder. (was car colour!)
    Observations rather than issues as such.
    Vid shows at 2.45 onwards an overtake were the ai car is just appeared in lcd rear viewer, my error but the "wide angle " lcd could have a wider field of view as AI is in Blindspot"

Mirror
    Having driven more since I see it as an issue
    It is a problem and even does it in the garage at an unrealistic level
    Pic is the real mirror

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Coanda

- Further fine tuning to P1, GTE, GT3, GT4 tire treads

A noticeable change on the GTE tyres. With the default setup the M8 has more understeer. Now I am starting to loosen up the setup it feels really good. I think Renato is right as it just seems to be an issue with Laguna which maybe track limit realated.. The US tracks are 2-3 seconds faster than real life and Spa is 4 seconds faster than the 2019 qualy times which is OK for a track that size therefore I retract my previous comment.

I like not having ABS so I can't see myself driving a GT3 car again when these beauties are available.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Manohy

Manohy Member

This triple screen FOV is priceless. AMS2 nailed it perfectly. And look how clean is my image. I'm boosting it with my GPU setting. Sorry for the low resolution version. This forum do not support 4k images.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is very strange. I can barely do donuts even with TC at 0 and Traction Control set to OFF in the settings. Yet putting TC to 10 and Traction Control to HIGH still allows to do weak donuts. Other cars that got updated (P1, GTE, AMG GT3) seem fine.

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

And again the same question:
    Has @turtleCZ deleted his AMS2 folder? Could be the problem!

9. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Could be! I just did what was in the notes, deleted tunings only. That's not enough? My friend didn't delete anything and it works for him.

Yes, I have everything always on and it doesn't matter what I set.

10. Dady Cairo

Worth a try to eliminate obscure behavior.I did it.

11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Out of interest, can you do doughnuts in the McLaren GT3?

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it is enough

13. Dady Cairo

It's not out of interest!
    Also discusssed in the Beta forum.:)

14. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps you are using a low diff power ramp. or high preload or clutches
    Then your differential setting will prevent the spinning
    Try to open the diff

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same experience with the GT3 McLaren. Tried various TC settings with the default setup and TC behavior never seems to change. I can floor it in 1st from a stand still or floor it in neutral then grab 1st from a stand still, and it's like TC is set on high/max. I can just mash the gas on corner exit and the rear doesn't step out at any TC level unless I tried to induce oversteer on entry. In contrast there is noticeable difference in the amount of intervention with different TC levels in the GT4 McLaren.

There seems to be minimal lockup at any ABS level for the GT3. I can redline in a gear down a straight then stand on the brakes, and it's like ABS is on high/max. There is more noticeable ABS intervention and lockup with the GT4 and behavior changes at different ABS levels.

I deleted my entire "Documents\Automobilista 2" folder after the 1.2.0.5 update.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I had it the same but I think my install must be broken. I could do full-throttle almost all the time and brake like crazy. Extremely fast lap is another hint, because I am not good at Spa and I didn't play AMS2 for some time but my third lap was my fastest lap in my life and without much of a focus :D

17. Coanda

This topic came up back in version 1.1.1.0; 500-600 HP monsters with TC off and it's very hard to break out.. I seem to remember taking the 500 HP M1 Procar stalling it up in the wet on slick tyres and dumping the clutch and it hardly chirped.. If I compare the Porsche Cup between AMS2 and ACC the ACC version if deliberately driven over aggressively will bite you as the rear slips and this can cause a spin or put you into the wall. The AMS2 version even on could tyres, pinning the throttle with 90 degrees steering input will hardly break traction if at all. I'll leave it to the experts to chip in..

Regarding the TC; one thing I have noticed compared to ACC is the lower-mid settings of TC in ACC cut more and engage more often.

0:20 seconds - Nice Cup & RSR burnouts.. Try and replicate that in AMS2. The GTE is the only one that comes somewhat close..

Stall the GT3 R up in AMS2 with TC off on a green track and see if you can lay tracks like this..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I use TC off everywhere but ACC is pretty hard without it and 10 seconds slower lap is a result to me :D

19. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

1) Umm yeah it is :whistle: I wondered if it might be a solution that I might be able to apply to myself (deleting the whole folder, not just setups as advised in the release notes) and I dont want to delete files if I dont have to because its such a friggin pain to configure everything again. If you had answered the question it would have been of assistance in my decision making process. (Although your second point about it being discussed in the beta forums implies that the solution of deleting files would not solve the problem, otherwise why would it be a discussion item if a solution exists.. advising people to delete files they dont have to would therefore appear to be erroneous advice.)

2) No access to Beta forum for me so not really that helpful to my circumstances beyond the deduction above.

I'll assume (like you) in the absence of an answer that you cannot do doughnuts in the GT3 McLaren ;) If you can, wonderful. Perhaps you could helpfully share the solution in that circumstance?

I dont mind too much either way because its flattering my driving but it would be nice if there was actually a point to adjusting the TC and ABS, because they are so useful through changing conditions, which is obviously now a thing with real weather. Immersive too of course.

The advice about the diffs from SaxoHare above is a good idea. I'll try it a bit later and see if it makes a difference :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

This topic TC in particular goes back in fact to prior to GT3 release on main to beta when I tested and reported, and imo is still unconfirmed resolved, and the more recent post here and beta confirm this. This includes reinstall of game not just docs folder. followed again this weeks testing.
    Just as annoying for a host is if online players can use when session setup is off for all, again varying reports.
    Such a scenario the option should be greyed out for online joiners imo.
    When reporting I would suggest pic of all in game settings accompany reports, better still video of such and video evidence if possible so fair comparisions /evaluation can be made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1