1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Almost automagically background shut downs::D
    Best performance graphic settings for all kind of races?

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

CTD on my side started with HDR implementation...
    Wasn't 1.2 update?

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Some very interesting footage here of Jenson Button in a GT3 in what looks like greasy conditions. 1.05 in for the relevant bit. Im blown away by how planted the car is. Throttle is pretty much On/Off, no oversteer etc. Mental. As a result Im very open to accepting that the grip levels in AMS2 are actually spot on, contrary to my often expressed views earlier in this thread. The TC is so strange compared to what Im used to that I just cant get my head around it. I tried turning it up to 10 and the car wouldnt even accelerate! Is that right? I have literally no idea now!! Anyway, enough said by me for a while I feel :):whistle:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm your observation with the TC. I tested the Cadillac DPi on the Nordschleife with different TC settings (1 to 10). With set to 10 I lost 30 seconds in one lap. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I've had a similar experience this afternoon with the Porsche GT3. I've been a bit critical of what I've felt to be too much corner grip on this car, but after watching the amazing Kevin Estre first lap on this year's Nurburgring 24H I've had the urge to try this combo again in AMS2 today and it was a blast.

I have to say that if you tried driving like Estre did on ACC (if it had the Nords) you'd most probably end up in a ball of burnt metal before even finishing the first sector, so maybe I was wrong about the grip on this car, or maybe it really did improve a ton with the 1.2 update... either way I'm really warming up to it. Still not so convinced with the Mclaren GT3 but tomorrow I'll give that one a proper try too.

But I'm really missing the ability to change between 1-10 TC levels while driving. I started the race with TC 1 but after about 4 laps on the N24H my tires started to decay and feel a bit loose and I really wanted to up the TC levels without using that little menu (that I just found out about today), which is not very pratical while driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Sunscreen I used this video a while ago to match the steering wheel rotation in the car setup menu to Button's movements. It helped my car control, and also increased my immersion when I knew my hand movements were similar to a real driver's at Silverstone. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I agree with you guys. A healthy enquiring mind with some robust questioning of assumptions is how we test and develop our understanding, as is a willingness to acknowledge where we might have made wrong assumptions or conclusions. Im as, if not more than capable than the next person of making a prize t**t of myself in the process :whistle: The video footage is frankly amazing and its fairly compelling from what I can make out. As regards the low speed characteristics of the car that I was querying I just dont know enough to be able to comment. The brakes on my own little sports car are not that high tech and of course are consumer designed to avoid people like me parking nose first in the first hedge of the first corner I arrive at.. no installation laps required ;)

On a positive note, I did some more mucking around (or research as I like to call it) for my next series of custom championship in a career style. Formula Trainer to Ginetta GT4 seems like a leap, but for drivers of our calibre its but a little skip.. My Goodness that Ginetta GT4 in a race with the ai is pretty damn good.
    On a side note I put the aggression slider at 0 then at 100. I didnt notice any increase in untoward or unwanted behaviour, quite the opposite. Which has led me onto my next train of thought.

I wonder if aggression is not to be confused with driving standards. By this I mean that I found the ai on 100 to be very very human like, taking gaps etc, staying with me if I overtook, and behaving all round with due consideration for driving standards but driving in a very human way. Conversely on 0 they didnt really adjust their behaviour, so driving standards didnt vary. What did was how rapidly the ai dropped behind on 0. Within half a lap they were typically 10ish (big ish) car lengths down as opposed to maybe 1 or 2 on 100. Aggression slider is really a misnomer I think. If Im correct, Resilience slider might be a more accurate description..? The tendency of the ai to effectively give up a little, not get back 'on it'.. I cant seem to find much concrete information on it.
    Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, gotta say it, so far has this sim advanced, particularlly the A.I. but FFS, after the 4th or 5th attempt tonight (have now run out of time as have work tommorrow) to have a race with them at Nords, racing as cleanly as possible.. Taken out every single time by an A.I. either rear ending me at 150mph plus, or going wide, off track and rejoining by slamming into me after coming back off the grass. Anyone else experiencing this? I mean stuff like going into the carousel, full to the inside, the car behind trys to overtake on inside half way round, but there is no inside! Your wheels are litterally on the kerb almost.

9. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Since the last update I did experience being rear ended by the AI a few times on the Norschleife, yes... I just resorted to start driving more defensively on that track and often just give up a position or two if I feel like I might be about to get hit. Not ideal but I'm sure the AI will get better.

10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

That slider should be renamed... "Awareness and Initiative" or something. Used to be higher values were somewhat recommended to improve awareness of the player's position, I think this might still be the case.
    Can't really decisively tell how much of a difference 0 makes as opposed to 100. Have played around with the setting plenty. I tend to keep it at 50-70 now.

Maybe Renato knows... :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Mate, I know what you mean... And know you're not the only one butting heads with the AI there.
    Before I even consider Nords, AI difficulty goes down with 10-15 points.
    They are way, way quick there in places! They can brake ultra late, so there you already run into being punted.
    I think they're amazing on many circuits, the new tracks also, really surprised me.
    But Nords... Yeah, bit of a nightmare, unless you are one of the time trial heroes, than maybe it can work.
    I don't gel with them either at Nords, is the jist of it.

12. Manohy

Manohy Member

Thank you for the clarification. We appreciate the hard work. After having great experience with the US pack part 1, we are very excited for the next part. Can we hope that the bug fixing will not delay the US pack part 2 and part 3 release? We are already in June and let's say part 2 is released in July and part 3 in August. That give us 4 months to enjoy the content as somewhat IMSA 2021 or Indycar 2021 simulator with a full or almost full championship cars and tracks. From 2022 the GTLM class will no longer exist and the GTD pro seems promising so the GTLM will be forgotten pretty quickly. Our subconscious will have a tendency to ask for a GTD pro pack.
    Best regards

13. TAdams65

TAdams65 Member AMS2 Club Member

GTE will live on in the WEC at least thru the 2022 season.

14. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Please pretty please give us more difficulty against the AI. With the GTE's and GT3's I can win most of the times on 120 AI and 90 Aggression.
    Also saw a few YT videos where they easily beat the AI on 120.
    The Formula cars however seems spot on, around 100 I am really challenged.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Out of interest, which weather and track were you on?^^

16. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding background apps causing issues:

I’ve read that MSI afterburner / RTSS can cause issues for some games / video drivers. If you need it to overclock or undervolt your gpu, run it at startup, but then quit it before the game. I don’t know if it affects AMS2 specifically, but it’s probably worth trying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

And

Not going to blow my own trumpet too much but when I laid down some world records recently at laguna seca in the f1 reiza (and the first time without using the battery; though its easier to race against your own record and beat it by another 100 ms) and I thought kuku was going fast and did a really 90%+ lap under the old regime and you can't see the setup (but I did that one without using the battery charge from braking and I have a custom but non-cheating file for FFB, and trust me 'its dialled UP! hahaha... UP!; its a real arm workout, I promise there is no funny business), I noted for the f1 cars, man... wow, the degree and sheer number of permutations down to the letter for grip with the f1 reiza and the split second accuracy you need to nail the lap, the model must be functioning to extremely high levels. This is not a title that has grip in spades or "not enough" as some not of the forum may assume, at least with f1's. Its got grip at just the right moments and in the quantity one would expect almost. And that was not even the perfect lap. I could probably maintain a slightly higher average speed but not by much.

Its going to be hard to get people at face value look at the model because its so dynamic well maybe not as hard now after 1.2, and say comparatively to other titles where the grip is - and here I was telling people some time ago not too long back that ACC's got a very thin band that it likes you to drive on. I don't want to talk it down as I think highly of the game though I do not like it as much, but its like a twig in comparison to AMS2 - even raceroom, guys, smooth as, has come a long way in that regard this past year. Myself saying its a 'twig' is not me saying its got horrible physics, I am just pointing out it expects you to drive one particular way. Its no different to any of the sims/models from that era its come from - and the title is derivative. Thats again....not a knock against it, but AMS2 is a bit wider.

Anyway the whole reason for mentioning this in relation to 1.2 is that, the FFB times the physics and grip is very compelling (high percentiles, surely, on a scatter-graph) and the amount of driving styles or rather viable driving strategies and setups is as wide as the amazon. I actually relied on the ffb and physics and race-day and lap-time/conditions data i was experiencing all through it... and not any shenanigans to set that time. The replay is not as detailed but shows the driving lines and speed etc, but it was hair raising and tight.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Is there any realistic chance for the GT4 Cayman and Ginetta tyre bug to be fixes before Sunday?
    Just asking, because my "Club" is racing Cayman GT4 MR only,, and it looks silly. And I beginn lokking silly too, because I promoted AMS2 a lot, and those bugs, as well as the multiplayer stabilty issues hurt my reputation as the "foreman" of our 6 player AMS2 Nürburgring Cayman drivers club a lot. I dont want the grpup to turn to RaceRoom again... we had this issues in February and it took me quite soem persuasion to get them at least try 1.2.0.5 again.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The bug is under investigation. It's not certain if a fix will make it through before your race is taking place, but it will not in any way influence car performance and it will also not remain this way forever.

Out of interest, so it also happens for you, when several Cayman are on track but only Cayman and nothing else? EDIT: ah yeah also happens, saw it right now.^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I have a question concerning track progression during race weekends when skipping session:

When I for example choose track state "middle" for training and "standard progression" for qualifying and race, will the progression be simulated by the game when I skip training/qualifying after some time (because I am fine with my laptime), or will the next session start with the state of track at the point I skipped and went on to next?