1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You read my mind. See above.

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

+ in your image there are AI names that are doubled up.
    McNish x 2
    Ludwig x2
    Pierre, Lehto etc
    maybe up to 17? of your 35 grid
    (I have not seen this before) Do you notice any more example?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The whole undertray and front wing situation for these cars is there to produce venturi downfoce It basically sucks the car to the ground just by airflow(way quicker)/pressure(way lower) differences under the wing and this most importantly starts already at the front wing that gets more effective the lower it is to the ground until it chokes of course. (Hold a running water hose with your thumb at the opening, you will see what i mean). They aren't just "upside down airplane wings."

They are ride height sensitive. So yeah. It's a center of pressure configuration and nothing is "Fd", that you can change though:

Increase front ride height and lower front wing. Not every car washes out on high speeds but actually goes rear-first.

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried that combo, but no issues for me (90fps in VR, specs as per my signature).
    Given that it's repeatable/demonstrable, create a post in the bug thread, and include your system specs etc. Would also be good to work out if you're CPU or GPU limited. See if any of your individual CPU cores are maxed out (not just the overall CPU usage).
    Cheers
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...ad-the-opening-post.9856/page-187#post-188576

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Yes, this is seems to be a bug in the 1.3.8.0 version, doesn't happen in the old version with the same AI file.

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm looking it now..

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

looks like fun :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone elaborate on what this update means? Have additional customisable AI attributes been added, or some changes to how the existing ones interact, or?

(Fantastic changelog btw :))

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Various classes have received dedicated driver fields, all with unique AI personalities and properties. (Which also means, they no longer use randomly assigned AI drivers, which also have unique characteristics but aren't tied to a specific car)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:)
    Hey buddie, looks like your still disguised as Eddie:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  11. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Just did 4 more runs and every time it was 30-50% of the times ending on 0, so possibly an issue with the ingame timekeeping? Idk, maybe get some more data on it. The observations of 2 players is still not very much I guess.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is Buenos Aires supposed to be a really low-grip circuit? I tried the FRetro Gen 3 and Group A BMW and was just skating through all the tight corners.

Also the layouts need more cones, there is like a triple junction at some point with no clue which way to go. I don't want to use a track map.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I'm woefully unfamiliar with the details of this series, but I'm curious - what kind of specs are the TC cars running? They look positively insane and fun! If Reiza were to offer a Turismo Carretera DLC I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Granted, that is true for most if not all content by now, but still...

As a free content update in the future, however, I'd be absolutely over the moon. Sure, I'd love some Group 5 monsters or any modern LMP type series (current or recent years) as much as anyone, but it's the South American content that *really* teaches me something new every time I try it.

Speaking of which - the Tango Update is just insane! Gotta admit, even knowing what was coming I was especially looking forward to the improved tire models... But after having a quick look at the new (or rather returning) Argentinian tracks last night I must say I'm impressed how beautiful they are, and how good their flow is. Still got some stuff to do, but I hope to spend more time with AMS2 later today.

Seems like it. First thing I did was try the Omega on Buenos Aires and I was shocked how gentle I had to be with the throttle. Then again, I couldn't be bothered to set up my wheel so I used a pad (which I mostly just use for quick testing purposes so my pad skills are a little rusty these days)... But yeah, the effect is surprisingly pronounced. Perhaps that's the way it is in RL, not sure.

Staying on the topic of grip, I was actually positively shocked when I veered off the track at one point and got on the blue stuff. Even when using a pad I could *immediately* feel a difference, as if the stuff was sticky like a carpet or something. I was - and still am - really impressed, and I can't wait to try it on my wheel. So those improvements are definitely welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

All it means is, for example, Jakob Redl drives more like Jochen Rindt than, say, Renato Simioni. Also, Emerson Fittipaldi cuts a lonely figure in the 1970 Multiverse.

Nonetheless, it’s a welcome change from the initial “One field of drivers for every series” approach, and it’s good to see a few familiar names from AMS on the AMS2 timesheets.

Your job is safe, jusk.

Note: All kidding aside, this recent update is absolutely incredible. A massive muito obrigado to everyone at Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

True, I had to use the white lines on the ground as reference for the race I did last night.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe he isn't Eddie in the photo but is the other person :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to know about this as well. I'm hoping that AMS2 eventually gets a modern or semi-modern TC series (anything from 90's BTCC and newer). Especially if the cars in that series need different driving strategies – e.g. one car being FWD and is the quickest hot-lapper, but requires good tire management and is slow off the line, and another car being RWD which is easier on the tires and faster off the line, but is normally slower in qualifying.

However, we don't have to wait for a new TC class to experience this:
    It's currently possible to race multi-class with the JCW Mini and Sprint Race, and as long as the track isn't so fast that the Sprint Race is gearing-limited, both cars have quite similar lap times! The AI is a bit slow in the Sprint Race, though.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The Omega is all around weird on other tracks too. Tried that on Donington and really was thrown off by the unreasonably twitchy behaviour.

On the other hand, the Porsche Cup behaved excellent on Buenos Aires...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For now please remove the "&" portion in your Mercedes livery override & Ai override file as it is causing some havoc with our new GT1 Ai sets. Also the "REF!" portion in the Ai driver overrides is not needed and should be removed.

These ones..
    <driver livery_name="Mercedes CLK D&W #5">
    <LIVERY_OVERRIDE LIVERY="57" NAME="Mercedes CLK D&W #53" BASELIVERY="Default">

No more dups or Reiza crew names showing..
    upload_2022-6-29_18-51-45.png
    upload_2022-6-29_18-51-14.png

• Like Like x 4
  20. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Adding backers as drivers wouldn't be a good idea?
    I mean, was cool in AMS1 and AMS2 was even the result of backers support too....

Maybe we could have a thread where backers who agree to see their names in game can post about it....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1