1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

In the spirit that you are trying to help improve the game, could you please list two or three series or vehicles that you would describe as the worst in terms of the lack of connection to the road feeling? Are you considering the Stock Car 2017/2019 as one that is acceptable?

I am trying to get an understanding of how many vehicles are good versus bad in your estimation.

If the vast majority are bad, then I have to agree with others who have told you that it is your FFB settings causing the problem. I have every sim available on the market since Grand Prix Legends and I can assure you that there is not a general problem of a disconnected feel of the road in AMS 2. I just drove a couple of GT3 cars at Cascais and, as only one tiny example, was quite honestly stunned at the fidelity of the FFB in the last high-speed sweeping corner before the main straight--I could feel very ripple and bump in the track while also balancing the rear end of the car as you try to accelerate as soon as possible.

Not every vehicle is polished perfectly in AMS 2, but please provide examples as I and others can try to determine if there is any pattern to what is happening at your end. Please also put your wheel and other relevant hardware in your signature. And, please tell us which FFB profile you are using and the relevant wheel and in-game settings.

• Like Like x 4
  2. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

acc ai uses player physics

3. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Had the same issue some time ago. I've only seen this at the Indianapolis oval though.

4. Marc Collins

Then either the player physics is dumbed-down, or...you tell me. Actually, don't, unless you have very specific technical details as we should not be discussing and comparing other titles in this forum.

Regardless, it wouldn't resolve any of the AI issues here about AMS 2. You can read all the same complaints and more about the AI in ACC (and AC).

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a typical fallacy.

Either way, it is irrelevant. The fact is that AMS2 AI is all over the place, especially for a game that has the SP experience somewhat a priority over of MP.

Unless AMS2 is supposed to be a sandbox for TT or just randomly lapping around with various track+car combos.

Edit: I might have made a fallacy here too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So stop your arrogant behavior and share your settings for other members here to experience it, as AMS2 said it seems to some, a kind of religion, I will continue to complain objectively and constructively, and for people with your attitude read, negative , but don't answer ok? if you can't help with something, don't judge and don't get in the way, thank you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Feel like we should stop until it becomes hostile

8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no problem sharing my settings. I rock a T300RS GT

0-5
    50-60

Default + would be the same as default but I do not use that nearly as much

I also use Danielkarts V45 custom

9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What is the difference between rfuktor and v45?

10. Theodore Schultz

His is built off the same template but with his own personal adjustments. FFB is very hard to describe for me but to me it has a lot more road feel and the wheel doesn't go light nearly as much. Here is the link to the thread. It is about 1/3 of the way down.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

11. Ricardokil

The biggest problem here in this forum are people who don't accept that AMS2 has problems, that when you point it out it's like you're offending someone, I comment here from the beginning, I don't care if they like my comments or not, but from the beginning when AMS2 it was horrible in version 1.0 these people appear, nothing is built only with praise, negative points have to be discussed, when I point out a problem, I am not looking for a momentary solution, my objective is that it is corrected in the next updates, talking about problems from AMS2, it's not hating the game, it's the opposite, the goal is always for it to evolve in front of others.
    How many rooms do Stock2020 play? don't you think, it's a car that doesn't pass realism, the car seems to rotate on a fixed axis, and the acceleration looks like an F1 Lotus98T, as if the car was turbocharged with 1200CV, not the gradual acceleration even if you slowly reaccelerate the car dance, I accept this in a formula, but in a GT of 450hp I think it's exaggerated, but I have to say that everything is fine, and the problem is with forcefeedback, so ok, here comes to tell me to play another game, there's really blood it boils...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Marc Collins

It is not a fallacy. Kunos themselves acknowledge that there are significant performance trade-offs involved in having the AI use a more advanced physics. Choices limit other things that can be done. This is from physics that ACC started with a one-point tire model...

As I stated, the AI in ACC receive at least as many complaints and for many of the same reasons as the AI in AMS 2, so whether player physics is used is not the deciding factor. It is a fallacy that one is de facto better than the other.

AI programming is difficult and tedious, as the Kunos approach also reveals. Like many aspects of AMS 2, it is a work-in-progress that isn't progressing fast enough for some people.

However, we all know that honing AI calibration down to the last degrees would require a huge effort with limited return if the player physics is still in flux. Unfortunately, it has to follow the stabilization of the player player physics.

Do we wish a magic wand could have been waved and that we could have skipped four or five of the major physics iterations. Sure, but who here votes that we go back to the player physics of v.1.0?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Theodore Schultz

The issue is that you came in here just like someone always does every couple of weeks with the same generic complaint. "This car doesn't feel the same as my favorite sim, AMS2 clearly still has broken physics. Reiza please fix your game". Then when people ask you to share some settings you refuse and say that it can't be this or that but the game must be broken because you know best.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yep. Good thing the've become less and less over time.

The 2nd biggest problems are people who complain instead of giving constructive feedback, and then don't provide answers when asked for details. Allusions to floaty feeling cars, vaguely blaming the physics or the engine, not liking something because sim X does it differently

You say many cars feel like trucks when moving slowly, people suspect it may be your FFB, ask you to provide your settings, but you won't, instead you keep on complaining. When people ask your settings again, reasoning that floaty feeling cars could come from bad FFB settings, you start complaining about the people asking and act like you're not allowed to say anything negative.

If you have an issue with the game, provide what people ask you if you want a chance to have the issues fixed, no matter if they are the result of bad settings on your side or bad values in the programming. Nobody can work with "cars feel floaty, this AC mod does it better", but with more information, errors maybe can be rectified.

• Agree Agree x 15
  15. Theodore Schultz

Why you gotta say what I was saying but only much better?!? ha

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

You posted a second before I clicked the Post Reply button :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marc Collins

A) You didn't reply to my sincere message earlier attempting to get more information about your concerns, yet you had time to reply to squabble with others.

B) The Stock Car 2020 is configured in the same physics engine as all the other cars in the game and does not feel or behave in any unusual way as a result. Possible issues someone might have:
    • The default seating position is forward of the normal, an artistic decision likely due to the highly annoying button box hanging right above of the drivers line of sight. This is in the real car, too...where the drivers practically sit on the floor while driving and peer out the strip of light between the high dash and the hanging button box. Simply moving the seat back to a "normal" point will disabuse you of any notions that the car is pivoting in some strange manner--it's an optical illusion in this case. The car is no different in this aspect from any other stock car in the game (including 1979 to 2022).
    • The car accelerates in a normal manner, though it does require a delicate foot when accelerating out of a corner compared to the 2017-19 model. This is a result of a deliberate change made by the series organizers to make the car more challenging for the drivers. Do I detect that difference when I drive the two back-to-back--yes. Well, then, simulation success achieved. Does it behave like it has 1,300 HP or any amount of HP more than it is rated? Not in any manner.
    • Lastly, it feels as connected to the road as any other stock car in the game.
    It appears that you are more interested in ranting than exchanging information and ideas...as others have suggested. I will now feel guilt-free ignoring all your future posts.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This guy literally shows up every six months or to salt off about the game no matter what Reiza do to the physics. No physics improvements, except for implementing the AC one-point tyre model, will ever get him onboard. Just ignore him and move on with your life.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

13871fiv9kBfkQ (1).gif

Well, it's that time again. Which cheese are we gonna discuss?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ricardokil

The funny thing is that I need to give my settings, in my view a game needs to have the basic settings well defined 90% correct, the other 10% is very personal, this shows how the game still needs adjustments, but clearly you know more than me, because for you a good product, you need the customer to go to forums, search so that he can get the quality he should have, but I understand how you see it, I'm sorry, if AMS2 has to be like that, because the first I think it's excellent without having ever touched anything in forcefeedback, for example, like AC, ACC, Iracing, Rfactor2, it must be this new generation of games, which comes as LEGO, you have to assemble it...