1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Was it the low downforce variant?

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but I have noticed it is a problem with quite a few people

3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah, no sounds and borked FFB. My wheel was shaking so much I tought it was some terminal failure :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, have the same issue on ovals.

5. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Made some tests in test day Estoril 88 again. This time F-Retro Gen3 cars. All cars had default setup. Brabham is fun to drive. :D

Times were:

Brabham BT52:

F-Retro Gen3 DFY:

F-Retro Gen3 Turbo:

McLaren MP4/1C:

6. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Out of the 15 races Piquet had 4 retirements (one more than Prost). Out of the races he finished Piquet's BT52 only scored outside of the points once (13th at Hockenheim) and including that race only scored outside of the podium 3 times. The Renault missed points 3 times, and during the times it did score 2 of them was
    outside of the Podium.

Times where both Piquet and Prost where both on the podium and estimated time gap are as follows:

Monaco: Piquet finished second beating Prost by 10 seconds
    France: Prost wins beating Piquet by 30 seconds
    GBR: Prost wins beating Piquet by 20 seconds
    Austria: Prost wins beating Piquet by 30 seconds
    Europe (Brands Hatch): Piquet beats Prost by 7 seconds

During Piquet's 4 retirements, here are all of Prost's finishing positions: 11th, 2nd, 5th and a retirement. During Prosts 3 retirements here are all of Piquets finishing positions: retirement, 1st and 3rd.

Interesting notes: Prost finished P7 and Piquet finished 1st after the first race. Prost had all of his retirements in the last 4 races of the season.

Anyways I figured this would be useful stuff to put out there given the current discussion

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The regular car works fine, but the low downforce version has both FFB and audio issues.

[EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that @Turbo Granny already replied.]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Just for context, the BT49 first ran in 1979 (against the Lotus 79, at the end of its life).

Reiza did specify in the dev diary (link: Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update) that this is the original BT49 and not the BT49C that won the championship.

9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, Prost lost the championship at the end of the season, where he had his retirements. Can remember that people thought that he would win the title easily after his win in Austria.

But if you have a custom AI file with Piquet in the Brabham and Prost in one of the turbos of the F_Retro Gen 3 and give them similar values, Piquet drives circles around Prost.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You are right, the car was already in use in last to races in 79, without scoring points. Sorry.

Edit: But in 79, Brabham had red cars, the white/blue one came up in 1980.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So what? You did almost no research before you started making claims here and now are just trying to defend your position so you could retain that you are "right".

Fact is that these cars are in the same class in AMS2. Is it perfect? No.
    Does it have to be perfect? No.
    Do all these cars have to have the same performance? No.
    Did cars that raced in the same year have the same performance? No.

Some people attack AMS2 for having balanced out car performances, others attack them for not having them balanced out. There is no solution here that satisfies all parties.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Lucifer_sam

I think there is more to it than that. Like I think Porst is a much better driver than Piquet. It is also worth noting that Piquets teammate (Patrasie) retired from all but 5 races, finishing on the podium twice. Prost's teammate (Eddie Cheever) retired from 7 races and finished on the podium 4 times. Both times both cars finished Patrasie finished ahead of Cheever.

In all 3 of Prost's retirments Piquet was ahead on track, Piquet also beats Prost on the fastest lap battle 4-3 with Patrasie earning the fastest lap at Imola. Also, assuming Prost didn't retire at South Africa and assuming he passed Patrasie for P2 chances are Piquet would've still probably won the championship. Though I'm not sure what the tie breaker would've been as they both would've had the same exact number of race wins

Point is, I think that Prost's 1983 championship campaign had more to do with his emmence driving talent more than the car. Sure the BT52 didn't blow that Renault out of the water but it was certainly faster over one lap. Especially considering the human element and that the Brabham was and is a very difficult car to drive quickly. There was more pace potential in the Brabham but for the Renault it was easier to meet that pace potential. That very important very human element of racing is extremely difficult to code into AI without it breaking immersion. What's probably happening is the AI is truly extracting every bit of pace the BT52 has, that isn't a sign that the BOP should change its a sign that the AI isn't a person. It's also something that would be best compensated in the exact way you describe.

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, the solution to satisfy both parties would be having an option to choose between realistic performance or equal performance, the latter would be very welcome in multiplayer, to avoid having races where everyone picks the OP car, that makes it boring, no point in running a race with one class then, running a single car race might be the better option then, but in that case the different classess have no point..

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Custom BoP would be a nice addition

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. Lucifer_sam

There are always two sides to a coin. For me I'd be really upset if they balanced the cars in a unrealistic way because I usually spend my time in AMS 2 watching AI race. Meaning accuracy when it comes to car speed and pace is super important to me. Maybe a ballast system for multiplayer that can be toggled on and off by the host?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Did no research at all, my memory was just tricking me.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

My workaround for my livery mods is to have two different custom AI files: One with just driver names and nationalities and the standard performance of the game, the other one with adjusted values for the AI to better portray certain seasons.

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

@F1 Aussie
    Can you remember what thread that was? I can't, lol

Hi F1. Happy new year to you, and all here.

Was from here:

from @F1Aussie (hi) im curious as to what all that looks like
    Sim Racing. General discussions and thoughts
    Also happy to see/ view others Rigs in above thread and recent additions to rigs!!
    have fun.

19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats what i said sort of isn't it, an option/setting to choose between realistic performance and equal performance.....;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lucifer_sam

It's similar but what I said is better to implement than just an equal performance switch, mostly because of how complicated F1 cars are. I mean what would it even do? Like aspects of the cars would be changed?

• Agree Agree x 1