1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.5.2 & New DLC Packs RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

OK, thought it was self-explanatory that the two posts quoted expressed things perfectly, IMO:

For equal performance in F1 it's best to just use a single car from the roster.

Otherwise it'll be just horrible as there's no good way to BOP them where they all have such various parameters. Especially so it works on all tracks and all weather conditions...

It also begs the question, why add different models if you are then going to balance them to make them equal.

Any debate beyond this goes into "rabbit holes" you can't get out of...again, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe I understand you more, but are you saying they shouldn’t BoP F1 cars in the game because it would be hard?

3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Try lowering rear ride height... IIRC 75mm is the lowest it'll go.
    Should help a bit.

4. Racinglegend1234

Will try, but generally I think the car seems a bit odd. It is both understeery and oversteery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Little adjustments go a long way sometimes... Thing has a boatload of torque too eh? Maybe try TC on 8/10 or 9/10 after the clutches and height adjustment, see what that gives you.
    Personally, I have a light throttle-foot so 6 or 7 is plenty fine for me.

Lemme know how you fare.

6. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I reported this in the Bugs thread a couple of days ago, and have seen it mentioned by others a couple of times since, so it's happening to some of us, albeit a very minor issue. It occurs when I exit Single Race, go back to main Race Menu page, then back to Single Race page.

I'm not using any of the Presets. I've also tried deleting the Documents>Automobilista 2 folder, but the problem persists. All other settings seems to remain intact, just the car choice always gets reset to Chevy Cruze 2022 for me.

I've noticed it only since the 1.4.5 update.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

The same here

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Others have already explained the pros and cons above...in sometimes lengthy passages. Those two pithy quotes sum it all up for me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Marc Collins

Hmmmm, definitely not happening here, but if multiple people are experiencing it, there must be a glitch somewhere. Thanks for reporting in official thread as it will get logged from there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

With the new class created of Formula Classic Gen4, could someone tell me what years approximately all formula classes correspond to (retro, classic, V10...) because I'm a bit lost.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

I dint know, but this awakened my thought of why they haven’t added certain time periods or years of the different cars in the sim?

12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Formula Vintage: 1967 for Gen 1, 1969 for Gen 2
    Formula Retro: 1974 for G1, 1978-80 for G2, 1983 for Gen 3
    Formula Classic: 1986 for Gen 1, 1988 for Gen 2, 1990 for Gen 3, 1991 for Gen 4
    Formula V12: 1995
    Formula V10: 1997 for G1, 2002 for G2
    Formula Reiza: 2011-13
    Formula Ultimate: 2019 for G1, 2022 for G2

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree 2 seconds a lap faster at Monza than the rest of the field - even the Renault turbos which were the kings of speed before the Brabham

14. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

They may not preclude each other from a technical point of view but with a team as small as the Reiza one it probably will from a throughput/workload point of view.

Also, Grand Prix Legends has had a long and, from what I understand, successful online career with 7 cars all with wildly differing performance and no balancing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

McLaren MP 4/4 doesn’t have low downforce variant at Monza 1991. All the other cars in class do. Couldn’t keep up with the AI

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thanks a lot.

17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Has anyone noticed any changes on the 1999 Stock car? It was one of my favorite cars, it was stable and fun to drive. Since the update I find it a little more slippery, the traction control seems less effective. Maybe nothing...

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

ok i put reconstruction filter in simcube to 8 it was on 1 it smooths it out ,but wheel is less responsive so back to 1 i go
    At least my wheel doesnt try to kill me like it did a year ago ,so thats a bonus:eek:

19. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I agree with this!
    The cars would become merely shapes/avatars and lose all the characteristics Reiza have worked so hard to simulate.

For people who want an exact level playing field, simply use identical cars!

While I enjoy racing in 1 make races (Minis, Formula Trainer), what draws me to classes like F1 Retro, is to enjoy the imbalances and discover which machine has advantages in certain corners/tracks/conditions.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Why do people think BoP means making cars equal? BoP means the ultimate performance is similar, the cars keep their unique characteristics. Turbo cars still have turbos, Fan cars still have fans, better handling cars will still handle better and so on, they just get a bit closer in performance.

The idea is to have an option to turn on BoP mainly for multiplayer to reduce frustrations and allow for better racing, everyone can still chose to run lobbies and obviously offline without BoP.
    It'd just be nice to have the option, nothing more.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3