1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

respectfully i disagree with that. the rf2 IndyCar car is tremendous, it has the correct engine modes and pretty great ffb and handling all around, the ams2 is good, but no doubt is held back somewhat by what they could do with very limited tools and engine access.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the rF2 version, (I refuse to finance anything connected to MSG), so I'd like to see a show of hands on that.

Which is better? rF2 or the AMS2 mod?

3. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Well, I have RF2 model...it's terriffic and one reason I fire up RF2. Cant be bothered with mods for AMS2...it already has more content than I can use.....and I prefer the older Indy cars that I grew up with, which are awesome in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Excellent point; however, I suppose I view rF2 content, both the good and the bad, to be more a reflection of Studio 397’s talents than MSG’s ownership. Their empty rhetoric and mismanagement of the IndyCar license have only served to undermine both brands.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  5. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

the AMS2 mod was very good, but in my humble opinion it has 65% of the quality of the RF2, but I think it is very important to appear these mods, since Reiza has a diversity of players, and there is no way to please everyone in terms of content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I don't think we'll see anything on these terms until that licensing deal is null and void... A bankrupt MSGS or MSGS breaking the terms of the contract or Penske/Indycar buying their way out of the contract...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scar666

Well here's where I still think something has been changed...

That "dirt oval slide" was in my opinion caused by the spool diff as after I switched to the LSD I had awesome experiences in the CART gen 1 cars on the ovals... Now I can use the spool diff without going into "dirt oval slide" territory...

8. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Speaking about ovals, maybe this side of the game receives some love near the Racin' USA part 4 release. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"The system will receive further developments in the near future, with additions of a visible pace car, flag waving marshals and integration with the track’s lighting system; it will also offer components and regulation variables from the road racing side of things, such as virtual safety cars."

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can back up that the Rfactor 2 car is pretty impressive driving on it's own...

However, the racing SUCKS. I know some people due some tuning to the AI to get it to work, but AMS 2 knocks it out of the park with Jusk's custom AI.

That's what will kill the MSG indycar game in the end, is the bugs and the AI. It will be pack racing just like Nascar 21.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes would be sweet!

BUT lets fix the crew guys sprinting into the road first!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this shows what IMS thinks: all is good with MSG and they eagerly awaiting for the release of an AAA software

IndyCar disappointed by video game delay; aiming for 2024 - NBC Sports

Penske Entertainment President and CEO said: "Motorsport Games has spent a lot of money, a lot of effort to create an IndyCar title. What we’ve seen of that effort, which is not completely obvious, is very reassuring"

Realistically IMHO the money injection MSG got a few months ago went straight to the bank account of IMS and Nascar to pay for the minimum royalties they had in their contracts and keep them from putting MSG in breach of contract.
    Hence why they are so benevolent with MSGs delay: they have their belly full of money they know no one else would ever pay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Scar666

Not just a sucker... Many overly affluent people want a tax write off to make themselves feel better about how much tax they pay... Losing money in a failing business is a much better prospect to them than having the government spend that money through taxation... As they see it as their choice...

This is one of the reasons newspapers still exist...

• Like Like x 2
  13. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I would like to know how to fix the steering after the update. Monza, turning the steering wheel past 180 the car will still not turn even from idle speed enough to make the first chicane. I have calibrated the wheel from 360 to 325 to 300 and it will just not turn. Its like the simulator has reduced the wheel stops in the game. suggestions welcome...

Suspension is floaty mush as well... this has just ruined the sim and all I did was let the automatic download install.

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing has changed here. Did you check Steam files integrity?
    What wheel/settings/FFB are you using?

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

16. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Does it happen to anyone that the AI is slower in qualifyng? I noticed in the DPi+GTE+GT3 preset the AI can be almost 2 seconds slower in quali compared to the practice for some reason with similar conditions. It happened in the Endurance Brasil preset too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apparently someone figured out how to get 60 cars in a race in AMS 2. From what I've heard it's very complicated and tedious but people are making some insane progress modding this sim.

• Like Like x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

G27 user again. I also did a reconnect wheel and it did not work. Default and custom FFB.

wheel not in sync with game. only thing that works is go back to previous version in Steam.

hope they fix the fix ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 user.
    Since I haven't used AMS2 since before 1.4.6.4, I tried it after reading the post above.
    Yes.
    There is a delay in response to turning the virtual steering wheel compared to the real one

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm on a G29, but I haven't noticed anything weird after the latest update. Which cars did you try?

• Like Like x 1