1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Marc, I guess you totally missed my point, but you when far beyond what we were talking, didn't you? I must had done something bad to you to deserve these words.

I never used anything but authentic.
    In this mode you cannot turn on ABS or TC on a car that doesn't have, but you can select OFF/LOW/HIGH (apparently representing the strenght of the effect). Did you knew this? Do you know how to change it? Did you know sometimes this malfunctions?
    That's what I was talking about.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

I had no clue at all about this.
    I honestly believed that TC low - high - off were only pertinent to the non-authentic setting!
    Need to test it....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a known bug with the "game assist" side of TC/ABS (i.e. the "high-low-off" scaling) when using "force authentic assists." TC/ABS will occasionally turn off on cars that should have it. When this happens the in car TC/ABS adjustments won't restore assists, but cycling the "high-low-off" settings will turn authentic assists back on.

I've only seen this bug in MP, but given 90% of my time in AMS2 is in MP, it could just be correlation. I can definitively say that MP lobbies where the bug is present for one player will often repeat the issue for other players across several races. When it happens, multiple players in the leagues I race with report it at the same time. This seems regardless of whether players use auto clutch or not given we've had players who use both experience the issue.

Until this gets fixed, I'd suggest mapping buttons for TC/ABS cycling in the game assists to a keyboard you can easily reach. It's rare, but it happens enough to be a nuisance.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I mentioned that on the previous pages. At this stage I would not hold my breath about Reiza fixing it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Why ? It was fixed once already. Also doing statements like this isn't going to help anything either.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

False.

7. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Thank you for the explanation.
    Still I do not see the possibility to have authentic TC together with "high/low" Cut.
    I understand that sometimes authentic gets disabled and you need to cycle through the non-authentic effects (low/high) and then end up again with the authentic.
    Or is the high/low cut actually applicable also in offline mode to the "authentic" Aids?
    E. G. Having authentic TC set to 4 but the possibility to have "high" or "low" cut?

8. DavidGossett

Somehow there's two systems either in parallel or an "either-or" system. Maybe on of the devs can answer exactly how this works, but from what I can tell, "high-low-off" is for cars that don't have certain assists (formula cars, club cars, vintage, etc.) and the numbered system is for cars that do have assists. Somehow the former one can override the car specific one, at least in regard to an off/on state. I don't have enough experience with each of these systems given I only use it when I've encountered the bug, but I find "low" seems fairly similar to the value in the car setup. I could be completely wrong though.

I have heard of TC being activated on cars it shouldn't, but this could be user error, and I haven't seen enough cases to verify it. (Porsche Cup 4.0 was the only case I've seen of this)

9. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

They said they had fixed it but it still happens (admittedly less frequently than it did a couple of years ago) so the statement is perfectly valid. Play enough MP races and you will get it both on cars that should have aids and on ones that shouldn´t. And if it doesn´t happen to you it will happen to another player in the same lobby. Many times it is possible to see accidents at the start of races as people unexpectedly lose ABS or TC and are caught out in the first braking zone. I have no idea if Reiza think they fixed it, are still working on it or have no clue how to fix it and gave up.

Here is just one example of a recent bug report.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

and on the previous game version,

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  10. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Have anybody driving F-Hitech cars and noticed that Model 2 (equivalent of FW14B) car drivers do a lot of mistakes. Something to do with active suspension maybe? AI can't keep car under control. Tested on Silverstone 91 (beginning of second sector, fast right hander) and Hockenheim 88 and 2001 (beginning of last sector, semifast right hander).

11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, it happens when they are on high fuel on most high speed sweeping corners. Been happening since a while now, I have reported it a couple of times, but seems it's not an easy or priority fix right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Joaquim Pereira

No, cars without ABS or TC don't get it this way (you get "ABS N/A", "TC N/A" kind of message if you're in authentic mode, cannot say about the other modes, never tried).
    From what I can remember, OFF/LOW/HIGH is the strength of ABS or TC, while the settings in car setup (numebered) are the activation point (more or less sensitive to wheels lock state).
    This should had been solved long ago... It gives me goosebumps just to think what may be hidden inside the code still (like ESP kind of stuff on cars that don't have it :confused:).
    That's why I suggested it should be in car setup menu not in some shortcut keys that, apparently, oblivious to many.

While Reiza may say they cannot put an artist doing physics improvements (that's obvious!), there is an option when recruting... many times the question is not "how we are going to solve a problem?" but "with whom?".
    But unfortunately, the system of incentives is wrongly made, we buy DLCs, not a new/improved version of the game. So, that's what we get... we cannot demand game improvements, just hope for them. And don't get me wrong, Reiza is the least affected by this economics rational shortcome !!! And that's why I moved to AMS2...
    I would be glad to pay a fee each year to get game updates and buy just the DLCs I need. Then I would be "entitled" to demand changes. But that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DavidGossett

I'm meaning the "high-low-off" system is intended for those who aren't playing with "authentic assists," but somehow the two systems clash with each other given the behavior of the "assists disabled" bug. Ideally, it shouldn't do anything with "authentic assists" turned on, but given it fixes the bug, it must have some sort of effect.

Without any explanation from the devs, all of this is speculation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Honestly same here. I trust Reiza enough that I'd be more than happy paying an annual or even monthly fee if it meant more work could be put into improving the game.

15. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When I tried it in the Porsche GT3 Gen 2, cycling between low and high did not change the TC value(s) on the dash, off worked as expected and TC went to 0.

It was identical with ABS, so it does not really seem to do all that much while using authentic, besides providing a way to turn ABS/TC on or off with a mappable key.

Car felt the same with TC on high or low and I set identical lap times also to within a few tenths, did not feel to me like I had anything "extra" or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been my experience too with this issue. Though since I never went out of my way to test it I kept my mouth shut, but I never noticed a difference between "high" and "low" TC when using authentic. There may be a difference, but it wasn't a big enough one for me personally to notice while driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

From memory, if you go into the garage with high or low on it will tell you that value in numbers 1 to 9 in the car setup menu on cars with factory TC. I´d need to check if that is really how it is but I think so.

I know that the bug happens when the player has authentic aids on as their own custom gameplay option and this enters into conflict with the multiplayer room master´s option so sometimes you get aids when you don´t ask for them and sometimes they disappear but can be toggled back however I don´t know what happens when BOTH the lobby and the player have set aids to ON or OFF.

In Raceroom, it´s always the room master´s choice that prevails so if they put factory TC/ABS on (realistic aids) then everyone gets that and if they switch them to ON/OFF as driving aids then you also have them ON/OFF They have a free choice option where users can choose factory or driver aid but the latter will have a weight ballast penalty for the driving aid and there is no way to adjust the TC strength. You can only do that with factory TC and on some cars.

I hope Reiza can sort this out for MP mode as right now it is giving some players an unfair advantage due to the random nature of the bug. If I run a long distance race with ABS on an LM prototype I will be faster and have less tyre wear than other players with no weight penalty.

18. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

I have a question ,
    Why we have no yellow flags when my cars is stoped on the track ?
    The yellow flags are only for AI behaviour ?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Joaquim Pereira

No Yellow flags at all! Reiza went directly to Full Course Yellow without making a stop at Yellow flags station :whistle:. It's the only sim I know of without them.o_O

That and Ai, after a spin, keeping still when traffic is approaching would be a BIG plus for offline experience.

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No it does not. I use Authentic settings and get no TC and ABS whatsoever in all cars that do not have any in real life. In the cars that should have TC and ABS, they work as expected, including those that are adjustable from the cockpit/our controllers.

[Edit: sorry, away for a few days and see that @pimpi84 replied right away, above.]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1