1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

See, kids, that is how an adult disagree with you without being a brat:

Yes sir, I completely agree.

But them, wouldn't be better of, instead of announcing new content (a lot of), they first focuses on polish what already is in the game?

For, example, I don't need three models of Gol ingame... they could have bring only one, but make it perfect (what is impossible just because "Gol <=> Perfection"... choose one lol. And, yes, I learned to drive on one of this pieces of crap... and love it... aqui é apezeiro, seus tanga frouxa!).

Or all of those different driving camera angles... why don't focuses on use only a half of that, but all adjusted on every car model?

Yes, the video is full of "trollcraft", but there is one phrase I found correct, that is "Reiza folks bit more that they can chew". Maybe now is time to focuses on the details, but they are trying do deliver a new DLC on the incoming weeks. I don't mind to wait more for new content as long as the game is getting perfected. What do you think about it?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with the idea that more focus should be put on fixing what is there rather than adding new content. New content gets headlines but ultimately if a new player comes to the game and finds all the bugs it's not good in the long term.
    If future updates always feature new content, I fear not enough emphasis will be on polishing. This is of course speculation, I know nothing of how Reiza divide their devs/time to specific tasks. They also have a good track record or putting in the work to react to community feedback so fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yes, disagreement without namecalling. Maybe try that yourself some time? I mean, you do see the irony in pointing out a positive example of friendly disagreement while calling people brats, yes?

I tend to agree, although I also see the need for DLC to keep some money coming in. After all, people need to eat and such.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

If you build it, they will come...

5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh yeah, well your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

guys guys no need to fight over a vid...

This vid can be useful for Devs, they just need to turn audio off and they will have a quite complete visualisation of all the bugs in the game, Devs already know all of them but since he spent his time listing the cars affected by bugs they don't need to take note by themselves now :p
    Reiza will work on them as usual, they will fix everything as usual, specially those kind of bugs so I don't understand why people is going nuts for them... those shouldn't be on V1 release? Fair but not so bad as someone try to depict them...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DaVeX

Oh just because I forgot...seems Renato is planning to change how cameras work in game (can't find the post but nevermind, trust me) so probably they didn't fix them because they are working on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Context, mate... fking context.

9. Isaac Jairi da Silva

Isaac Jairi da Silva New Member

hello everyone,

sorry for the english

so, i'm trying to reproduce the Austrian GP (F-Ultimate)this wekeend and here are my feedback.
    first off all, the AI. Need a lot of work here, they seem like blind, they can't to look much far. my impression is that they only can look at 10meters ahead. if you comeat a mistake and are trying to recover the car they simply go over you like a rocket. In mt race, 1 car loosed the control and 6 cars simply crashed into him,as if they hadn't seen what happened in front of them.

Yellow flags, we have this on AMS2? if yes, this need a lot of work, cause AI dont recognise that.

The tire wear in accelerated mode at Quali is terrible, with two laps in stormy conditions and wet tires, it is already gone. And the same accelerated mode active in the race seem like a normal wear. very uncalibrated

Tyres, on F-ultimate we still witout Inters and Medium compounds.

Safety car, double yellow, and red flags is my feature requests.

and the most annoying thing, STOP AND GO PANALTY for go wide 6,9 and 10 on Austria????? What exacly i need to do when the game says "Slow down ?" reduce my speed to AI crash in to my car??

10. edu2703

edu2703 New Member

There is a sticked thread for reporting bugs. Just follow the instructions on the first post and detail each one. There is also a sticked thread for feature request.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)
    The Feature Request Thread...

About the yellow flags, I have already reported on the fact that they don't appear in the sim, not even a indication in the hud. I even asked if this feature really exist and so far I have not received any response from Reiza staff.

Safety Car and Full Course yellow have already been mentioned by Reiza as a part of their longer term plans.

11. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Just have to add that most likely people making DLC content are not the same as the ones smashing bugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. lawgicau

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

In respect to the more constructive and civil criticism that has followed the original post, I´ve merged the original thread with other similar and adding my own, hopefully pertinent thoughts for your consideration:)

The reason the first topic with to this video was deleted, and the original topic is now merged along with other similar topics is that we already have many initial thoughts & impressions topics, and we also already have a bug reports topic, yet more of these keep popping up in a daily basis. Some people seem to think their impressions and feedback warrant the extra attention but that is seldom the case, and it is often counter-productive - irrespective of how you as an user may feel about the sim in general (positive or negative) or how important you consider some specific issue to be, if we have a new topic every time someone feels that way the place becomes an unreadable mess, and just makes it less likely we will come accross your post specifically - I think we all agree we should be focusing on things other than scanning numerous topics and doing forum maintenance, so we´d like everyone to please collaborate with that common goal :)

Before digging into some of the feedback about AMS2 release, a little flashback that seems relevant now as not everyone will recall or have been around then, but the release of AMS1 actually attracted a similar number of complaints and lukewarm reception from a segment of the sim racing community - including similar concerns about sales, player count and other figures, and how the sim may have been "dead on arrival".. Contrary to these early doom and gloom predictions, the game kept growing and evolving much as we planned, before becoming the simracing cult classic which most of those who stuck with it or revisited later seems to look back fondly now, and that reached its peak players a massive 4 years after its initial release. You should not be surprised then if history repeats itself with AMS2.

While the fact that history may be repeating itself to some degree is not surprising to us or to those who are familiar with our modus operandi, it probably also indicates we need to improve the way we communicate about what type of game we are doing and how we are going about its development, so that people have more accurate expectations going in - this is something we are already working on improving, with more relevant info concentrated in the soon-to-be launched official website, including more documentation on the contents of the game, its long term plans and instructions on how to get the best out of it.

People who are familiar with my presence in this and other forums and through our monthly dev updates will be aware that I try to be as communicative as I´m able - I ´ve been on the other side of the counter for about as long as I have been a developer, so I´m well aware of expectations before the release of a new sim and the frustrations when something doesn´t quite work as expected, so I try not to BS users when I feel we may have dropped the ball. I´m also very aware of the challenges in putting together these products as independent developers, so I feel its important users have that under perspective too if we are to achieve the common goal of having the sim be as good as it can possibly be.

On that first aspect, we would be the first to aknowledge V1 had a number of QA issues that should really not have slipped into release, and it may well be that in hindsight we will conclude that planning for a longer Early Access period would have been the best all around approach. As it was, we had commited to a schedule which for a variety of reasons we had to keep to, and that lead to a release that due to another set of circunstances had some shortcomings it really should not have - those we are commited to and confortable we can fix in short order, and aware we will receive some deserved criticism until we do - ultimately, the game is still going to get better, faster by having followed this schedule, and that I believe is also part of that shared common goal.

Then there is this different subset of criticism which claim for a number of improvements, additions and fixes that different users will attribute varying level of importance to, which most (including ourselves) would eventually like to see but that were never going to make it, nor were suggested for this release. That is the nature of a long term project, which we have tried to emphasize is what AMS2 is since its original announcement. We are concious of the product we are putting out now, confortable with the fact that it will not appeal to everyone, and that it will require more development to be more competitive for other types of users.

As an user you have the option to buy it and enjoy it for what it offers at this or any other given point in its development cycle, return it if you feel it doesn’t quite offer what you want, buy again when you feel it may have evolved to the point you consider it satisfactory - there is plenty of recourse here for those who feel really strongly about where they spend their hard earned money, but they also bare some of the responsibility to learn what it is they are buying into.

Ultimately I´d invite every fellow sim racer to try gather a little perspective and recognize the games they are looking to see realized are very big, complex projects being put together by small studios, who are competing in a fairly crowded marketplace for what is a very small niche of the gaming world. No one is going to fund these products because there is no big ROI to be had here, if you want to see small independent studios like ourselves continue to strive for it then a certain amount of patience to play the long game with us is in order.

If you can give us that, I´ll assure you we´ll continue to push hard and try our best not to stretch that patience beyond its reasonable threshold, and eventually pay it back with a sim most people are fully satisfied with :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like x 38
    • Friendly x 8
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You are 100% right about that, and I´d complement that with another small dose of reality about the business of game development: new users buy into new & more appealing content far more than they do into new features & general game improvements - developers need to keep offering more to help continue funding development of the rest of the game, but these by and large are not competing fronts of development in terms of manpower.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 8
  15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Thank you @Renato Simioni for taking the time communicating this to us.

Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.
    -- Khalil Gibran

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. lawgicau

Thank you Renato and hat's off to whoever spent the time going through and merging all of those threads into this one.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

F*ck Renato. You nailed it. <3 :eek: Reiza is my man. Wish Reiza was a person, so I can go to the local pub with him and get some nice tasty Guiness.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. DaVeX

They are multiple persons and are all like Renato, so you can go with them on the local pub and have a party... just the bill will be pricey but worth it :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We will all be completely wasted and singing Irish songs, hehe. I remember around 2012 I was on holidays, we were in the pub. Hours later we were completely wasted. Even the barkeeper. So I was tapping my own beer for free. That guy is so awesome. :cool:

Sorry for off-topic. :rolleyes:

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I image that critical video was made by another Dev team , honestly, who else would sit there going through every car one by one picking at those faults other than someone who sees AMS 2 as "competizione" :eek: to their own product . I joked that it was a Kunos team member, i'm not sure what the behind the scenes is like in the Sim racing development community but in my line of work there was always someone from the "competizione" trying to dig dirt and sabotage others for their own personal gain .

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1