1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G29/G920/G27/G25 FFB Thread?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TekNeil, Apr 26, 2020.

1. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I rarely drive anything newer than 90's'ish cars or older haha. But yep, gotta do what feels right for you/us. I know some tend to turn off FFB all together for competition.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. Miguel Almeida

Miguel Almeida New Member

Hello M8s. I´m using a g25 with 900 degrees rotation. In garage how many degrees of steering lock should i use? 30 degrees or 20 degrees? Thanks.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All cars will already use a reasonable steering lock in their default set-up. But, you have to make sure auto-rotation is working on your wheel, first. Does the wheel in the cockpit cam turn exactly in unison with your physical wheel? If not, it might be set to 900 for all cars instead of the sim controlling the rotation degrees. These are Logi control panel issues if you are having them, not in the game.

4. Tanaka Mazarire

Tanaka Mazarire New Member AMS2 Club Member

g'day logitech brethren hope you are well. just wondering if any of you are finding the brakes a bit too sensitive and prone to lockup with logitech pedals. i know the brakes were supposed to be addressed in last update but am struggling with them atm and haven't had this problem with any of other sims i have. i have uninstalled and reinstalled ams2 but still no luck. would appreciate any insight you can share.

5. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Couple of options:
    - reduce the brake sensitivity in the settings to lower than 50%
    - reduce brake pressure in the cars

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Exactly.
    In bold: It's just far from realistic to feel the centrifugal/ G Forces in the steering wheel. For me it feels so unnatural. But each to their own off course. :)

Cheers
    Robin

7. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

15? Seriously?
    I've got mine at 100% and it's still weak as hell compared to any other sim. I'm at a loss what to do here. If I try to drift a car and release the wheel to have the FFB help countersteer the way you do in AC, the wheel just slowly rorates back and isn't even halfway back when the car has spun out.
    I can easily hold the wheel with two fingers and not lose grip through hard turns. If I drive an indycar in iracing with the same wheel I have to grip it firmly with both hands and still get tired arms after a while.

8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

100 Gain will break my fingers/ pulse etcetera(not kidding), almost impossible to steer. So dunno what's the difference between our 920/settings.

Cheers
    Robin

9. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Just tested with your suggested settings thinking maybe I was missing something. But nope. with those settings I don't feel any force at all in the wheel. It's as if the FFB was turned off.

10. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

11. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

12. Koinden

Koinden New Member

Hey Ashaz,

I've got a G27, and whilst it's a different model to yours I had the same problem you're describing. It may not work for you but I'm now using Gain 100, LFB 15, FX 75 under the new default and find it pretty decent, at least until they update the FFB again.

See post #382 under the main force feedback thread for my whole post if you're interested.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

13. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Have you tried running the profiler as administrator?

14. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

The new release seems to get along better with my DFGT. Was able adjust my FFB profile fairly quickly and just enjoy the time trials option. Used the custom profile option with no changes to a newly generated ffb_custom_settings.txt as it already has min_force enabled.

Tried a different approach using something close to the in game recommended settings then turning down overall effects strength in Profiler. This seemed to work well giving balanced FFB in the graph and a good weight to the wheel with less of the overly bumpy feedback while cornering.

overall effects strength 70
    gain 85
    LFB 40
    FX 50

15. Rich32G

Rich32G New Member

I'm really confused as to what's going on here.

I have a G27, fine in any other sim I've ever played, in this it's just flat out odd.

I have no feeling of understeer and when I oversteer I try to correct and I get an odd inverse force feeling and just have oscelating steering down the straight after. At any rate, the FFB is so light I can hardly feel it.

I have tried every setting of gain, LFB, FX & profile I can find. I am using the advised Profiler settings.

It was so odd I booted up ACC and rF2 to make sure my wheel wasn't broken.

16. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the new patch with my G27 with gain 90, lfb 50, fx 15, on brands hatch short with the f3 and it felt just fine. I leave the strength in the driver always to 100% and tick Allow Game to Adjust Settings. I do use an older version of logitech drivers though (5.10 package), because I don't have the new wheels. I don't have LWEMon (the logitech profiler) running either. And I delete all the settings for the game before using a new patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Out of interest, how do you change the driver settings - is it via control panel, devices, game controller settings, properties, and settings, or some other way?

On mine, the above method, or changing the AMS2 profile has no impact on the game. Only running the profiler as administrator allows me to change the Strength.

Does it make any difference in-game if you change the Overall Effects Strength?

Trying to work out if this is a common issue or just for a few of us.

18. Sampo

I use what you said to change the driver settings. I have to check that Overall Effects Strength later because I don't have my wheel with me atm.

Notice also that I have the 5.10 version of the driver, so something may have changed with it in the newer drivers.

See post It looks like the madness engine is changing registry values for G29 for my settings in the driver.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  19. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

Have you had chance to see if you can adjust the feedback strength?

I'm on 5.10 lgs (I guess all g27 and earlier users are on this) and the driver is 5.9 in device manager even though the control panel states 5.10. I checked the install files for 5.10 and 5.9 is correct.

20. Sampo

I never change the Overall Strength from 100% in the driver. I use gain in the game in this case. Some games might have another name for it. Changing gain in the game does not change the value in the driver. Changing the overall strength in the driver does change the ffb strength in the game.

Last edited: May 7, 2020