Update candy: no fix to insane bugs though.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Interceptor, Mar 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I watched that video and all I saw was a camera fixed hard to the car which shows every little movement of the car with no compromise for suspension and neck smoothing things out.
    The clutch engagement and diff bind turning out of pit box has an expected effect of shudder and the rest is just uneven surface.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you please provide any data to support your point or is it just an opinion? Telemetry data would be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Well, it's okay. Not worth the trouble actually.

The maker and/or devs don't read this, won't do anything about it either and most of you:
    "what the HELL" (taken away now)
    "What are you whining"
    "You don't have proof!!"
    "It's your opinion!"

So, you guys can't take ANY criticism on your beloved game and wave proof away, numbing your FFB so you can't feel it, making story's about the clutch grabbing (which was long off) just so you don't have to see the truth.

I mean; I made a video. That is proof and you can say whatever you want and make excuses all you want: that is NOT right.

Then the dumb, non-build answers begin: "I drove it, tyres are round" and the whole forum starts to cheer.

Oh, and I am the one not being polite. AFTER things like I quoted were said to ME, I responded in due manner. But hey, I had criticism, so I am the bad guy.

But more-over: I am done repeating myself to every dyslectic that does not read more than two lines and starts all over.
    Just one example: I already said it was BEST SHOWN in the pitlane where the car drives itself and so one could not say I had flat spotted the tyres. How many times was written here something like: "well, its only in pits, no problem".

Also: I was hoping the devs would address this and I was not asking for a banded.

It's a good game, but making tyres round is to much of an effort; have fun with it.
    It's a bit sad a lot of you can't take any criticism and even when asking for proof, still make up BS story's they know are not true just so they don't have to admit there is a MAJOR error in their beloved game.

I just move on: there are 5 or 6 other games on the system and none of them have this problem, I tried this one but to what end? For me; it is a good game but it doesn't really stand out in any aspect. Well, in a negative one it does: even Mario-Kart has round wheels I heart.
    So good luck with dampers on full, third party FFB files, erasing all effects and making your FFB a centre spring, adjusting all camera's so you don't see the car hopping up in the air and have fun.

I tried, people don't WANT TO understand: I move on. Cheers.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. newtonpg

We do live in strange times,
    When strange things frequently happens,
    Like to proof that the Earth is roundish
    Or flatten if you prefer...

I would just ignore this topic and take my way on but I`ll add some basics physics to discuss.

In simracing as in the real world:
    Rotational speed (rad/s) times tyre radius (m) equals to Tangential speed (m/s)
    And Tyre Tangential Speed equals to Car speed.

AMS2 telemetry give us Rotational speed and Vehicle speed (km/h)
    Coanda's spreadsheet (by Reiza, updated to AMS2 v.1.5.5.2) give us the official tyre diameters
    One can complain it is not updated to recent v1.5.6.1, don't you?
    So lets compare speeds using Stock Car 2023 as example:
    Tyre diameters front and rear are both 680mm (0,68m)

A moving car will allways have a tiny ammount of slipage at the driven axle,
    nothing we can do about. These SC23 cars are rearward and we`ll at first concentrate on the front axle.

Many telemetry apps could be used and I`ll initally using SecondMonitor and in the need for a more explanatory analysis, MoTeC.

SecondMonitor give us "Front Tyres Slip" ratio that is the difference between Car Speed from Tyre Speed. You can see near zero difference during straights (and the bend) at Hockenheim. Negative values are related to braking zones and to differentiation while turning.

This is a proof that tyres are round.

Please feel free to contest.

Edit: The stint was done mainly to generate power/torque curves, times were not important at all.

upload_2024-4-3_18-17-31.png

5. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

Thanks for the discussion points.
    I'm not trying to "get my right" on this, I gave up on that as I wrote. Maybe after a long time, I could convince you, but then another 25 guys have hooked on and I have to do it 50 times over again ;)

However: tyre slip near zero, does not prove tyres are round. There are a number of discrepancies in your story.
    I teach this stuff in real life and I work with this stuff in my second job in the racing industry.
    I understand if you now go: "sure, you would say anything to make your point", but I can actually prove this, even working on F1, but you can imagine I will not (can not) do it out here in the open.

I get your point, but it is no real proof though.

6. newtonpg

Yes, I can admit tyre slip is not the only factor involved but it is a fundamental part of the premises.

Proof is an accuser's obligation! No proof, no case.

7. Interceptor

Interceptor Member

I don't know what you want from me.
    Look ot over again, with these parameters (or even a lot more) you can not prove roundnes of a tyre.

8. newtonpg

Also you can not prove tyre angularity.

My point is you have no more than a hard minded opinion.

That's all, bye.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

edit: nevermind. After reading through the thread it's pointless to comment.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

Have you tested if this issue appears when you're manually driving out of the pits? Maybe it's an AI issue instead of a tire issue?
    I'm asking because you're the first one to report this afaik and also the first one I see/read who uses the automatic driving in pits feature. Maybe it's a coincidence, but maybe it isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

At this point it's enough, this thread is closed - any feedback with regard to force feedback and car physics issues can be reported in the bug report thread with exact examples of the issues and provided evidence. This doesn't include outdated topics of issues that have been resolved.

Max dampers causing heavy bounce of vehicles is a bug and can be treated as such and also be reported to the bug report thread.
    FFB oscillations and noise can be shown via Telemetry HUD and the FFB graph visible in it, proven via screenshot.

Personal attacks against other users will not be tolerated - Thread titles like this one also don't help with any identification of issues and their culprits.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.