1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Thanks. But that doesn't solve the qualify Vs race discrepancy. However an error I probably made is to choose medium tyres for the race. The difference between soft and medium is way higher than expected

2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@BrunoB To be fair I think they didn't leave the best impression during the free trial phase, either... And I generally love fast prototypes. But the LMDh cars have received "subtle" (translated from Renatospeak: significant) tweaks to their tire tread, making them much more willing to rotate. It's a bit of a shame you didn't get to try them in their current, improved state, but I can totally understand your hesitation to purchase the DLC based on your first impression.

For what it's worth, I do think they are much more fun now, but they're still no LMP1 or Formula cars in terms of agility. They're fast and stable, but somewhat understeery by design. If that's something that generally turns you off, I'm not sure they would become your new favorites even now... Though there's certainly room for improvement by tweaking the setups according to your personal preferences.

EDIT: A good way to think of them is to consider them faster GT3 cars without the ABS. I think that suits their characteristics quite well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You dont know how much that info/assessment did help me.
    Thank you :)
    I have tried GT3 cars a few times but to the contrary of most others these cars doesnt fit my driving style.

@DavidGossett Hey David respect of both your top laptime on WG GP and your rather special setup.
    I tried it but it absolutely doesnt fit my rather special driving style. Probl is I cannot shift down and brake at the same time. So I have to use gear down as a brake instead when entering corners ;)
    I can see you know a few setup tricks :D Among others your ramp settings.

ByTheWay: Hehe I can allready see one of the usual copy cats are using your setup 1:1 :rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I used the default setup first, set the top time by a few hundredths, then tried Mafredx's setup, made some tweaks, and found another 4 tenths (screenshots attached below). I figure most of that was camber and minimizing drag. All I did was change the balance a little, but it did help me see where I don't like the default setup. If all someone would do is play TT, I could see how they wouldn't find this car strange/difficult. That said, how the car feels in TT alone isn't relevant to me because I rarely ever play TT, and the way the setup feels in 5-10 laps matters.

In one of your previous comments you mentioned maybe the car is bottoming out, which could be a factor at some tracks (the F309 has similar issues at tracks like Londrina or Suzuka), but I'm fairly sure my issues with the car are due to how brittle the soft tire is in race/quali environments. Indy Road Course and the first sector of Montreal potentially exaggerated the issue. My logic in figuring out the car was simply flawed due to having issues in high-speed corners after sectors with heavy loading of the outside rear tire. My little TT session showed me that tire wear was 70-80% of my issues with the car.

I'm not trying to cause drama here, but I don't think the attitude of "if you don't like this car it's because you can't drive" is helpful. Just because I don't prefer something you like doesn't mean I can't drive around it (F309 being an example). Discussions like my initial post come up all the time in the beta thread, but I chose to post it here given my initial observations weren't on the beta branch. I would hope that either someone could help me understand my questions with the car or the devs could look into my issues with the car, instead of insinuating each other's driving ability.

I'm open to my observations being debunked, I just don't find the "Lightning McQueen Defense" as a valid counterargument to every issue on this forum.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Since endurance content is going to be here for good - are there any plans to update the fuel mapping system? You know, so it doesn't just artificially limit the throttle %? Genuinely asking.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think your first post was also fine. Nothing wrong with stating an opinion about a car for Reiza. As you said, they might come back with "that's how we think it should be" or they might not.

In the quest for the most accurate simulation, pointing out potential issues for them to investigate is the name of the game.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Fully agree.
    The Vanwall in rf2 can also be quite a pig to rotate at slow speed (yes, technically different class, but it does compete with lmdh). So it most likely is the inherit behaviour of modern prototypes.

It is also important to keep in mind that one of the goals of lmdh was to bring the costs down, so the car are less sophisticated than the lmp1.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrunoB

Fully agree with that.
    And following the same logic its also name of the game to clearly reveal that this or that car is spot on.
    Because all assessments of virtual cars are just what they are: individual oppinions based on ones subjective feelings.

9. BrunoB

Good point.
    Didnt think of that. Maybe because the lmdh cars does look so fu** great:p

10. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely people can give their opinions, but ultimately Reiza have the most knowledge about the underlying sim and direction.

We've seen it before on this forum where people jump to defend the existing behaviour because they /like it / are quick with it / think other people aren't driving fast enough / and it turns out to be described as a bug or issue later. (not saying this is you, we have just seen it before).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BrunoB

Yeah and we have also seen some critique of how cars in general was behaving after as example the 1.5 update.
    And eventhough this "upd" was defended heavily then later upd actually did solve most of these reported problems.

ByTheWay: Guess who was one of the few who marketed this critique? :whistle:

12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Is that your claim to fame?

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, who was it?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2024-2-10_20-43-4.png

Is there any hope this bug will be gone any time soon?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Think I’ve only seen that once in last 6 months ,

make a actual report with some details of car and session details .

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lucky you. Nowadays it is not as common as in the past, but definitely a recurring bug.

There is no pattern. I've everything on max. Happens with any car, randomly. Since I race mostly open wheelers, naturally I see it more often in that class, but I've seen it happen in GT3s also.

Anyway, old bug:
    Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)
    Search Results for Query: foggy mirror | Reiza Studios Forum
    Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

18. mrjiffy6

mrjiffy6 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Defenetly. Since the last 2 months it occured at least 2-3 times for me. One thing i've noticed though, it can occur sometimes where the mirrors are not completely blank (i.e: you can still see some action in the mirror), but there's still the grayish tint with the black shadow spot. As far as I remember, those occured when weather was foggy.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Is it still an online/multiplayer-only occurrence, or did anyone see it offline/single player, too?

• Like Like x 2
  20. RDG

RDG Active Member

Not sure this is the right place to put requests, but can we have a redesign of the FUG2 at some point or maybe a FUG3? Reason I ask is twofold:

the design looks pretty far from modern F1 cars
    • The front wheel aero whatchamacallit is one solid piece. In reality they all use a split piece.
    • The mirror mounting bracket looks straight from a 2000’s car compared to the modern variants.
    • The front wing is very low to the ground, modern F1 cars actually use high front wings to have clear air going to the floor tunnels.
    • The floor is way too simple. In reality there’s little uppy and downy bits and cutouts everywhere.
    Secondly the handling still strikes me as off. I drive modern F1 cars in iRacing (W13), AC (RSS, Kunos, VRC), rF2 (FSR) and the only car that feels completely alien to me is the FUG2. It’s almost like it has rear wheel steering and still does weird things when you push it to the limits of downforce. Even the F-USA 2023 feels more like the other sims’ F1 cars than the FUG2 for some reason. Maybe license the MCL60 considering the amount of McLaren F1 cars already in the game? :D

TLDR: can we have an overhaul of the FUG2 pretty please? Its design and it’s handling could use it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1