1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track layouts to receive AI line redos

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Upcoming update features line redos for all Watkins Glen layouts, Interlagos 91 / 93, Oulton Park Classic and fresh redo for Spa 1993 - OP edited to suit.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

i don't know if i have to write this here or in the AI report topic but the stock car 1999 ai is slower then the other classes i have tried, usually i set the ai from 108 to 112, but with the stock car 1999 for a competitive quali + race (top 5 position) i have to set it to 117/118 (max aggression) i tested it at interlagos 93, imola 01 and brands hatch

3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Old Interlagos. The ai is too slow at the kink. Rafas video does show it quite well.

4. tuari

tuari New Member

Interlagos 91 / 93: The new AI line in V1.5.3.4 provides fantastic racing, but every car touches the grass on the entrance of the Junção corner and leaves a dirt trail. Tested in Formula Classic Gen. 3 and 4. (It didn’t happen in V1.5.3.2.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kkdrummer

Gt classics at vir. The ai lifts off at the kink on the pit straight. A video to demonstrate it:

6. kkdrummer

Interlagos 93 with the high-tech gen 2. Pretty much every corner gets muddy after 2 laps especially the last turn before the pit straight. Every ai car is clipping the grass on the braking zone which causes the dirt build up there.

Same on Interlagos 91.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  7. Renato Simioni

There´s another redo for Interlagos 91/93 to address tha grass clipping before Junção for a new upcoming hotfix. Also Buenos Aires 12 / 5 / 6 / 6S, Cleveland, Road America (both layouts) - these are now added to the OP along with some other to-dos.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I hope you will consider another rework of Bathurst, it's currently a significant AI pace outlier. Especially their exit onto Conrod and their last corner is untouchable for the player, and there is significant dirt buildup in T2.

I have to lower my AI strength by around 5-10 every time I tackle the mountain and even then...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Finally had the time and tested this, with Montanas, 0 deegree wing. As @Seb02 reported, they BREAK at T1, not just lifting. They are also too fast at T3, impossible speed there. It actually feels like before the supposed redo, it is impossible to have a believable race in this state :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Some issues happen on some tracks but they are car-related, not track - Fontana AI paths are generally fine but some of those oval variants need further AI physics work, AI will also be tentative to keep the foot down if the car isn´t underneath it :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I was thinking in that and almost wrote something about it in the other thread. Lines are actually ok, in ovals I am (we are, I think) actually reporting relative pace, so perhaps this is not the most accurate thread.

12. Stephen Bailey

Stephen Bailey New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm glad to see someone mention Imola 2001. I just did a race with the Formula V10 Gen 2 with them at 120% and they were a long way off the pace I could do. They looked slow in Variante Alta (maybe due to not taking the curbs so much?), slow out of Villeneuve (they take a wide like through the left-hander, making the right very tight) and very slow out of Rivazza 2. Similar story when I tried the V10 Gen 1 there as well.

The other issue with Imola 2001 is they consistently drag dirt onto the track in the braking zone for Tamburello. It looks like it happens as they keep on looking to the outside line when near another AI car, so they drive onto the grass. I can't imagine them looking to the outside helps with them trying to overtake in there. :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. maximumcuddles

maximumcuddles New Member

Same issues here, seriously hairy moments showing up to the braking zone on lap 2 and finding a beach :eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

New batch of redos as per latest v1.5.3.5 changelog - Buenos Aires (6S, 12, 15 layouts), Cleveland, Interlagos 91/93, Road America (both layouts), Brasilia External, Campo Grande, Cascavel, Imola 1972, Imola 2001, Nurburgring RX, Tykki Dirt 1

OP updated to reflect it plus added a few more to the to-do list.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if there are plans to have a look at Silverstone 1991 again? I did a report (probably in the wrong thread) because there have been some slow parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Slaartibartfast

Slaartibartfast New Member

On Interlagos 91/93, Junqao has been fixed but now they're doing it on the entrance into Ferradura, eventually spreading dirt all the way into Pinheirinho.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. pr07

pr07 Member

Spielberg Historic
    The AI are extremely slow on turn 4, specially on the exit. They are also a bit slow on turn 6. They break too early and are too slow at turn 8, and are extremely slow at turn 9. This is on both the 1974 and 1977 layouts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
  19. Nacho1311

Nacho1311 New Member

Had a single race with the V10 Gen1 at Spa 2020 today.
    AI strength 105 - aggressiveness high
    10 Laps
    Fuel consumption 2x
    I was over 1 second faster than the second in qualifying.
    In the race I was overtaken by the entire field. It seemed to me that their cars were just as light as in qualifying. But they didn't have to pit.
    I also had a safety car for the first time on lap 4 because a car rolled over in the last chicane before start/finish.
    From then on, there was another rollover in the same place every lap when the safety car came into the pits. The whole thing was repeated three times until the end of the race. The AI drove too aggressively over the curb and the car always rolled over in the same place.

20. Nacho1311

Nacho1311 New Member

Test it again with AI strength 110 and realistic fuel consumption.
    Now the AI strength matched well both in qualifying and in the race.
    But what happened again is the problem with the AI in the chicane. Again I had a safety car phase every few laps.

I suspect that the AI didn't go along with the 2x fuel consumption in the first race