Your Custom FFB File Collection

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ricxx, Mar 15, 2023.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello fellow sim racers!

Here you can find a collection of custom FFB files provided by members of the community. A lot of time and effort went into the creation of these files, endless tweaking and testing instead of actually racing, so let me first say, a big thank you for your efforts.

FFB (Force Feedback) is a matter of taste and here you should be able to find an interpretation that you might like. As far as I know most files are based on the rFuktor 5.0.1 file developed by Karsten Hvidberg (with the help from Shadak, Panos, Kuku, tUMi), the creator of the thread I'm going to link to below, but some are based on NuScorpii's Heavy Messing file or Reiza's custom file. The custom files are sorted by the file they're based on.

Custom FFB files from the community:
    This is the original thread where all the files have been posted and where the discussion has been going on so far. Instructions on how to install FFB files can also be found there in the opening post.

Some files have been posted on Overtake.gg, formerly known as Racedepartment. If I'm not mistaken you need an account there to be able to start the download. If you click 'Register' just scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the 'join with a basic account here' option if you don't want/need a paid account.

Different files were created during different stages of AMS2 physics development, I'll add a short note in what phase the file was created. (Current physics version is V1.5).
    However, it is worth trying all the files regardless of the wheel base or the physics version they were developed for.

It is also recommended to read what the file modders wrote in their posts, as there might be useful suggestions, recommended settings etc. Also, once you downloaded the file you can right click it and go to edit, there file creators often added additional info, settings and recommendations.

The custom FFB files are presented in the order from latest to oldest.

Reiza's in-game FFB profiles:
    I'd also like to remind people to try the excellent Default, Default+ or Reiza's own custom profile. Here you can find all the information you need, you can also check this guide here.

If you want your FFB file(s) to be listed below just answer with the page number and I'll link to that post in the OP. Let me also know if you don't want your files to be added for some reason, and please do correct me if you find some wrong information.

This thread is going to be WIP, so please bear with me. It is also a community project so if you have suggestions to make it better feel free to contribute.

Also please check out John Ellis' FFB collection, which you can find here.

Keep it clean and happy racing! ^^

rFuktor 5.0.1 by Karsten Hvidberg:

Danielkart
    :

V1.5: V500 | V400 | V300 | V200 | Rally V70 Plus | V70 Plus | V100 | V90 | V80
    V1.4: V70 | V60 | V50 | V46 | V45
    Pre V1.4: V44 | V42-1 | V42 | V40 | V39 | V38

Danielkart's personal files (V1.5):
    V6000 extreme2 | V6000 extreme | V5000 | V4000 | V3000 | V2000 | V1000 | V900 | V800 | V700 | V600 | V500 | V300 | V70 Plus | File

Alegunner68:

V1.5: Tested on Moza R12 Hybrid File V3.1 | Hybrid File V3 | Hybrid File V2 | Hybrid File V1
    File | File | File

Tuned versions of Danielkart's V900:
    V1 | File | File

V1.4: File | File

Theodore Schultz:

File | File

Kuku Maddog:
    V1.5: Gt rFuktor V1 | rfuktor revival | K-Tune
    Test File 3 | Test File 2 | Test File

tUMi:

File | File

Manolo (Stakanov's files):

File

Peter Stefani:

V1.5: (Tested on a VRS DirectForce Pro)
    File
    In-game settings: Gain 65 | LFB 0 | FX 17 | Damp 0 | Menu 0
    VRS settings: 39 | 2 | 11 | 14 | 0 | opt | 41 | 0 | Quiet
    File
    In-game settings: 65 | 0 | 15 | 0 | 0
    VRS settings: 39 | 2 | 9 | 14 | 0 | R1 | 50 | 0 | Balanced
    File
    In-game settings: 65 | 0 |15 | 0
    VRS settings: 39 | 2 | 9 | 14 | 0 | R1 | 48 | 0 | Balanced
    File

Dud:

V1.5: File (Tested on a Thrustmaster T300)

Karsten Hvidberg
    :

V1.5: File 2 | File (Experimental files, tested on a Simucube 2 Pro)

Stakanov
    :

V1.5: Files
    V1.6: Files

Heavy Messing by NuScorpii:

Joaquim Pereira:

V1.5: FullFFB (Includes V1-V18; Tested on Moza R12) | File (Tested on a Thrustmaster TS-PC)

Reiza's custom file:

TomP
    :

V1.5: File (Tested on a Logitech G29)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2024 at 3:40 PM
    • Winner Winner x 35
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Great idea!
    This should be stickied or maybe you could post to this thread whenever you edit the first post so we'll get a notification. Otherwise this thread will eventually disappear when new threads are created.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ricxx

As I understand, the idea doesn't seem to be new. The problem is that there are already so many stickied threads. I'll have to post when I update it.

If you think that somebody's files should be in the list and you know more or less where in the thread at least the latest ones are, don't hesitate to post it here.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The "custom FFB" thread should be restarted and the old one unpinned. The first several posts are dominated by a person who has quit the community and are full of outdated or confusing stuff (I die of cringe a little every time I see the muscleFuktor stuff) that's not relevant any more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

But where will people go to get all the relevant misinformation and self proclaimed best files :whistle:

6. ricxx

OP updated.

7. sndb

sndb New Member

Whenever I visit that monster 350-some page thread, I keep wanting to take the last unmodified file Karsten posted (based on post history, I believe it was designated v5.0.1.3, please correct me if he's stopped by to post any later revisions), push it onto a public github.

From there we'd have a foundation where all the current popular files can be added as branches (or independent forks if more suitable/author preference, etc). From there the individual revisions/updates/variations could be added to their respective branches and quickly & easily diff'ed by anyone to see what's actually changing in each update or variation.

Problem is, getting that ball rolling would be a significant time investment, it's doubtful there would be much of any interest from the masses, and even though git setup on Windows is pretty quick and easy these days, it'd be asking a lot of authors to do so and then remember to commit and push changes with each revision--especially when they're sitting in a sim rig trying to iron out kinks in their FFB profiles and just enjoy some racing.

Automating the process with a bot to monitor the thread for posts with attachments from known authors and push the attached files with the associated author comment as the commit message doesn't seem too challenging from a technical perspective, but that sounds too much like work hours for my taste. I might take a crack at the lazy route and set up a github account for GPT3 and try feeding it the thread URL to see what happens...

Anyhow, my ramblings aside, I'm glad to see folks like OP taking a swing at consolidating and organizing the great stuff that's come out of that thread. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  8. ricxx

Having a bot do the work would be super handy. GPT3 or 3.5 is already outdated, GPT4 might come up with its own file ^^

As far as I know 5.0.1.3 is the latest version.

9. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a great thread.
    Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 2
  10. ricxx

OP updated, added Alegunner68's latest file.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If you will pardon the redundancy of information, attached is a collection of custom-FFB files for AMS2 developed by the community to help make a great racing simulator even better. If there are additional files, or updated ones, that need to be added, please feel free to reach out to @john Ellis and @ricxx to help them keep things up to date.

The Custom Collection comes in two versions: One already includes JSGME, the other does not.

Installation: Extract the .7z to your Documents\Automobilista 2 folder. Prior to launching AMS2, use JSGME to activate the custom-FFB file of your choice. You can find the collection here:

The Custom FFB Collection

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. ricxx

Great idea. Thanks for contributing! ^^

• Like Like x 1
  13. ricxx

• Like Like x 1
  14. ricxx

• Like Like x 1
  15. ricxx

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. _Was

_Was Member

Excelent idea This should be pinned

• Like Like x 1
  17. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. john Ellis

• Like Like x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Where?

20. john Ellis

Post #11, above, in this thread. Or here:

The Custom FFB Collection

FWIW, practically everything AMS2 related can be found by clicking on my signature; look under the Resources tab for various community utilities, etc.